How can I see the rest of my Mac Pro from Boot Camp?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by akadmon, Oct 24, 2009.

1. akadmon macrumors 68010

In 3 years of owning my Mac Pro I've never run Boot Camp before, so please excuse my ignorance.

Is there a way to see the rest of my MP from within Windows 7 on Boot Camp? I know MacDrive 8 does it (running a trial right now - it works), but I'm refusing to pay Mediafour $50 after handing them $20 earlier today to upgrade my MD 6 license. Apperenly they only give the upgrade price on a single license, and anything above that is $50 a pop :eek:

2. silencer88 macrumors member

The newest boot camp drivers (the ones that ship with Snow Leopard) have a feature like MacDrive, but unfortunately it's read only at this point.

Basically you can see all of your hard drive partitions but you can't write to the Mac ones.

3. akadmon thread starter macrumors 68010

I'm running 10.6.1 and the Boot Camp automated driver update fails under Windows 7. Can I install a specific driver manually?

4. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

I think it's because you have the mac pro classic. there may be a workaround. wait for gugucom to respond!:D

5. MacVidCards Suspended

id like to hear about these too

have a retail SL disc...didn't try updating Bootcamp on my 1,1.

is this possible? on vista 64. i like macdrive...just not enough to pay for it

6. gugucom macrumors 68020

gugucom

Bootcamp 3.0 is on the Snow Leopard disk when you open it with Windows Explorer. If you do a full 32-bit install with setup.exe or 64-bit with Bootcamp/drivers/Apple/Bootcamp64.msi you will get a read only HFS driver installed. The driver file is under windows/system32/drivers/AppleHFS.sys It sometimes gives trouble with blu screens. You can switch it off by renaming it. This should work for all Intel Macs. In Seven you have to right klick the file before and make it compatible because it was written for Vista. If there are problems with installation disable user account control, re boot and try again.