How can I sync a document via itunes to my ipad, and then mail the document from ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Wildgift, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Wildgift macrumors 6502

I have a macbook with NO network connection at work, and often want to access a document from it to use on my work computer. I have a 3g ipad. Is there a way to sync the document via itunes to my ipad, and then email the document from the ipad to my work account? Is there an app for that? Of course, cheaper and simpler is better.

Yeah, I'm really annoyed that the lack of network access makes me do this!!

Thanks in advance for any tips!

2. TheSkinsFactory, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011

TheSkinsFactory macrumors member

Okay so our app I believe does what you're asking. However we're waiting on Apple to approve a fix for the wi-fi component, though I've had no problems with it.

The app in question is Zen Viewer HD which can be see here.

You can bring your work docs over to Zen Viewer via establishing a Wi-Fi connection or you can also just drag them in via iTunes File Sharing and email them from within our app as well. Since you can zip/unzip files, you can use
    Zen Viewer as a portable hard drive as well.

We have a pretty extensive post here on MacRumors which will show you images, explain all the file types we support (19 document types, images, audio and video) and explain it in more detail. You can see the post here.

Oh and here's a small shot of it:

[​IMG]

Hope that helps.

3. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

Check out iStorage HD. is not free (£3.49 in real money) but is useful to store and categorise many different types of documents, which you can then email or transfer by various other means. Does more than simple emailing so you may well be able to get a cheaper alternative. Works in reverse too.