how can I sync my phone to the backup I made yesterday?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hillbdesign, May 14, 2010.

1. hillbdesign macrumors newbie

My phone was slowing down, so i restored it and chose the wrong backup (i did not see the backup that was made today). I option+clicked the restore button to point it to the backup that was made today, but when i go to the "/Users/username/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/backup" folder there are no clickable files to select. Am I looking in the right place?

How do I restore from that most recent backup? I would like to do it without having to completely restore my phone again.

Please help

2. hillbdesign thread starter macrumors newbie

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

All you need to do is click restore from a backup.

4. hillbdesign thread starter macrumors newbie

ok

I already did this and picked the wrong backup. So I was hoping there was a way to do this without wiping my phone clean again. I thought there was a way. Anyone?

5. hillbdesign thread starter macrumors newbie

nevermind

I just restored the phone again and selected the correct backup. I thought you could do this without wiping the phone. I still think you can.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Everything on the phone will be deleted and them the backup will restore the contacts, calendar and all the other stuff in the Info tab. Also it will restore the ringtones and apps, as well as the app settings, game save, camera roll pics, and other stuff. It won’t restore music, video. pics (i.e., media); you’ll sync that after the backup.