How can I take a screenshot of my login window

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Michael Hyatt, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Michael Hyatt macrumors newbie

I need to take a screenshot of my login window. I have tried everything I could find, including connecting using SSH on a second computer and using the screenshot command. That only resulted in a black image.

Does anyone know how to do this on Mavericks, short of taking a physical picture with a camera? Thanks.

2. FrancoisC macrumors 6502

FrancoisC

I can't test it because I'm not home, but a quick google search gave me this:

Let me know if it work :)

3. Michael Hyatt thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately, that doesn't work. I tried that in my initial attempt. Thanks.

4. karmav macrumors newbie

From another Mac or iPad

Apple Discussions point to this tool, "Log Me In," which should allow you to log in remotely, thus viewing your login screen from the other machine, where you can use the screen capture app of your choice. (On iPad, native screenshots require only a two-button click with power and menu button.)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/logmein/id479229407?mt=8

5. Michael Hyatt thread starter macrumors newbie

LogMe.In worked. It’s a really slick app. I liked it so much that I bought an annual subscription.

6. leventozler macrumors 6502

You can also use built-in "Screen Sharing" app, just press the shortcut keys while your mouse is outside of screen sharing window.