How can I tell if my HDD is 7200rpm?

offwidafairies

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Hey does anyone know if there is a way to find out the speed of my HDD? I ordered 7200rpm. i just want to check - not trusting apple at the moment. im still waiting on leopard to come :mad:

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
you'd better check it has an Intel Core 2 Duo chip as well. You can never trust those companies, who's main goal is to increase public confidence in them. [/sarcasm]

The only way to check is to take it out and read the label. By that stage, you've voided your warranty.

Comment

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
Go into System Profiler and see what the model number is, then google it and you'll probably find the manufacturers page with specs.

Comment

offwidafairies

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
you'd better check it has an Intel Core 2 Duo chip as well. You can never trust those companies, who's main goal is to increase public confidence in them. [/sarcasm]

The only way to check is to take it out and read the label. By that stage, you've voided your warranty.
how can i have confidence in a company that does not even tell apple store owners when the updates are coming out? i bought my mbp only a couple of days before the 200Gb 7200rpm and 2.6Ghz options became available. AND they sent it to me with Tiger, not Leopard. They have made mistakes before and i just spent $4000. i want to check i got my money's worth

Comment

admiraldennis

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2002
Boston, MA
Google the model number as given to you by System Profiler's Serial-ATA tab.

That's stupid.

That's wrong.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.