How can I transfer contacts??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ladybug5234, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Ladybug5234 macrumors newbie

I bought my husband a new 4s today for Fathers Day. I tried copying or transferring his contacts from his old 3GS but I couldnt do it. I also tried to transfer mine (I bought me one too to replace my 4) and to no avail. Can anyone help? Again, trying to transfer/copy contacts from a 3GS & a 4, respectively, to 4S.

2. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

Wirelessly posted

Did u back them up on iTunes then just load that backup to new pone?

3. Ladybug5234 thread starter macrumors newbie

I backed the old one & plugged in the new one. It copied apps but no contacts.

I have a pc btw, not a mac.

4. FrankHahn macrumors 6502a

You can also use the iCloud which automatically pushes contacts onto your new iPhone.

Actually, I just transferred all my contacts from my Motorola Milestone 2 to my iPhone 4S. I just connected my Motorola Milestone 2 to my Mac and opened the .vcf file on the memory card (I first exported all the contacts onto the memory card). Then, all the contacts went into the contact book on my Mac and into the iCloud that pushed the contacts onto my new iPhone 4S.

5. Ladybug5234, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012

Ladybug5234 thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont have it set to back up to icloud because it merged all my contacts with my husband's a few times.

6. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Make sure contacts are set to "sync" in iTunes. They are for sure there if u backed up prior to getting the 4S.

7. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

Wirelessly posted

How can I keep a contact backup on my pc/hard drive?