How can I uninstall the halo demo entirely from my mac?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by JI7, Dec 9, 2008.

1. JI7 macrumors newbie

I have downloaded the halo demo for mac and want it uninstalled. Unfortunately it got dragged off of my hard drive and trashed. I am now wanting to uninstall it completely but don't know how. There are all kinds of bits and pieces located in various places that relate to the game that were not trashed. How can I uninstall the demo and all its components in its entirety?

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

The MacOS is not as bad as Windows when it comes to this issue. Most time related file names will mention the parent application. Check the following and scan down the list looking for a related file name for removal:

*Home>Library>Preferences

*Home>Library>Application Support

*Home>Documents

Where else?

3. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Yea that's what I would do. It's the easiest app deleter there is. And it gets everything that is associated with the app, including preferences, etc.

4. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I just checked out their web site. Outstanding. Do you know if there are just bits and pieces left of a program can you ID it by say picking a lingering Pref File to get rid of other components?

5. greenbreadmmm macrumors regular

if you find any file associated with the program you want to delete and add it to app zapper, it will find everything else on the computer and delete it.

6. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Very good! :)