how can i use my powerbook as an alarm clock that plays music?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lucface, Feb 20, 2008.

1. lucface macrumors regular

lucface

i found in ical you can set an alarm. but the only noises you can get out of it are the sound effects from osx and they dont repeat. thats not going to get me up in the morning. one option the have is to run a script. so im thinking i could get apple script to run itunes and a song of my choice.
    is there an easier way? and, or does anyone have that script?

2. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Just set the ical alarm to open a playlist file in itunes. And make sure you set energy saver to not put your computer to sleep. It's doable, but I'd guess that using a program that's dedicated to being an alarm clock would be easier than making an ical event every night.

3. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Awaken was already mentioned, but I'll mention it again because it's a great little app. I put my macbook across the room and use the remote to turn it off. But if you're not interested in spending money, there's at least one option that I know of. TUAW had an article recently on Mac alarm clocks. Here 'tis.
    http://www.tuaw.com/2008/02/08/tabulator-alarm-clock-showdown/

Good luck!

4. lucface thread starter macrumors regular

lucface

Thank you all for the fast responses. I downloaded Alarm Clock 2 and compared it to the others and its all i need with no more hassle. i love it. thanks again.. and i recommend anyone searching give it a go!