Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sankersizzle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 5, 2010
Canadadada
Hallo everynun,

I recently ordered a case from Case Mate (the POP 1.0) for my iPhone 4S. I ordered one of the inter tube because literally nowhere in Ontario it seems sells cases with the larger cut out of the camera flash, so it doesn't turn your entire picture white. So I ordered it and what not, but apparently it's going to take 4 weeks to come? How can that be possible? I live in Toronto and it's coming from Georgia. I could take a donkey down to Georgia and pick it up and come back home in 4 weeks. I shipped it with USPS, which was the only option I was given.

My question is, since I'm sure a lot of you have ordered things from Case Mate (or where ever), will it actually take a month for my case to get here? I'm a tad eager seeing as I almost have a stroke every time I pull my naked iPhone out of my pocket nice I'm the type of guy who will fall out of the car when I've reached my destination.

Last edited:

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
I doubt it will actually take a month. Give it two weeks. Although with Christmas approaching it is possible that parcel volume is higher.

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
Priority Mail to Canada takes 3-5 days from anywhere in the US.

First Class mail can take 1-3 weeks with no tracking options.

With 10 years in the mail order business, USPS has always been the most reliable shipper to Canada with Priority Mail in my experience. First Class mail makes it to the border in 2 days, then Canada Post takes forever to deliver it.

ender land

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2010
In my past experiences, I've found Canada to be the "weak link" from shipping internationally compared with much of Europe.

I think your mail system is just really slow ;)

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
In my past experiences, I've found Canada to be the "weak link" from shipping internationally compared with much of Europe.

I think your mail system is just really slow ;)

I think they are 'working to rule' right now, since they were legislated back to work.

We used to get mail in our Condo box that didn't have a Unit # on it, for us to deliver.

Now they don't even deliver it into the building, just Return To Sender.

Nice. :mad:

KeriJane

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2009
ЧИКАГО!
From Georgia, USA to Canada it shouldn't take that long....

From the COUNTRY Georgia, that's about right or maybe a little optimistic.

I get stuff from old Eastern Bloc countries from time to time and a month or so is the norm.

Stuff from Canada to Chicago takes about a week.

Last edited:

Sankersizzle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 5, 2010
Canadadada
Thanks for the info guys. I'm a product of the 1990's so I expect everything to be done immediately after I think of it. Damn television.

The problem I have is that since I've ordered my Case I've seen so many other that pique my interest. If I could have found one at the store it would already be on my phone and I wouldn't have to torment myself with other options!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.