How can the iP5 batteries vary?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Adutrumque, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

Is it not the same piece of battery? How is the quality different from one unit to another?

Someone who knows this type of issue, please take one step forward.

This is quite interesting.

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

It's got nothing to do with batteries AFAIK, the problem is there are many different people who set up their phone differently, for instance, I switched off Location Services on My 3GS and battery last days longer.

3. Adutrumque thread starter macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

Are you sure? So the quality of the battery is the same in every device?
    Everything has to with usage?

4. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

The batteries are NOT EXACTLY the same but there shoul dbe little perceivable difference.

What varies, like the other poster said, is what how your phone is used, even the reception you are getting.

5. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Yeah, I guess with Apple's standard it shouldn't make more than a couple of % differ.
    If I made a quality product I wouldn't allow it to be more than 1 % lower, the rest would go straight into the bin, or put in S*****GS mobile phones:D

Your point of reception is also a very valid one, if you are near to an antenna it uses a lot less than in an area where you have only one bar.

6. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

Hell yes. I use 10% on standby max in a day at home with 4 to 5 bars, but 30% at work in 12 hours with 1 to 2 bars of signal (Both 3G). If I try and surf, download mail etc at work it chews the battery a LOT more,leaving me with <30% in 13 hours away from home.

That may sound bad, but the 4 and 4S were no different, and actually managed less signal by 1 bar or more, so overall I'm happy.

7. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

There are so many variables including how people just "describe" what good battery life is or not.

8. mjpearce023 macrumors 6502

I know a couple of people who have battery problems with the new iPhone restored from a back up. I always set up as a new phone and do three full discharge/recharges and my battery is usually good. I can say the 5’s battery life is a good improvement over the 4s for me.

9. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

Signal strength is a huge issue. If you're in an area with good signal then your phone doesn't have to work hard to maintain battery and constnatly search for signal. I get much worse battery life at work then I do at home...all because I can't maintain a good LTE signal at work and it constnatly fluctuates between LTE, 3g, o.

Same thing happeneed to me with my 4.

10. GenderFi macrumors regular

This is exactly the same situation as me. My signal is so bad at work that I barely get 1-2 bars LTE and is very inconsitent but drains my battery VERY fast than at home where I have full power LTE. I just switch mine to airplane mode at work.