How can we enjoy our iPhone's if we are limited to the data we use?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, May 16, 2012.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

I wish there was only the unlimited option...
    It's 2012
    and they are going in reverse the phone companies I mean back in 2007 there was barely anything big to do on the iPhone but now in 2012 we have so many new things to use the date for...and it's stupid how we can only be limited to 2GB per month and what sucks is that we have to worry about how much data we use everyday and why should LTE be important if we would be limited to the data we use? Faster speeds so we can worry even faster.
    We should protest or something. Billion dollar companies and they don't even want to give us unlimited data. :mad:

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

you don't have to be limited to 2gb. there are higher data packages available.

3. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

WiFi, go to Sprint, or use a 5GB + data package.

Starting (another) thread here complaining about data limits won't solve or change anything.

4. batotman macrumors 6502

2 months go my wife used 1MB of her 2GB plan. Yes, megabyte. Last month it was 100MB. Most I've ever used is 1GB of my unlimited and that was tethering for 3 weeks after the Joplin tornado killed our Internet. I feel like I use mine a lot to stream Pandora and iTunes match.

5. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

Use wifi as much as possible and pay the phone company as little as possible. If they loose enough money over time maybe the deplorable data business models will change.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Same here... Wife uses a few hundred MBs and I never exceed 2 GBs and I have unlimited. I feel like I enjoy my phone plenty.

7. Vizin, May 16, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  8. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

It's called greed, you heard what that douche ATT CEO said about unlimited a few days ago.

9. B.A.T macrumors 6502

Use google voice and wifi and it costs nothing. Tether to a Verizon iPad and it costs $30 a month for 2 GBS

10. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

you can only be limited on how many times in a month you want to pay for the extra data... How do you think got their billions.

11. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Wifi have you heard of it? I have a 400mb data plan here and everywhere I go there is wifi. So I'm good at enjoying my iPhone since 2007 even with the first iPhone to the 3G I never had data before.

12. Jimmy James macrumors 68030

Wirelessly posted

I agree. It's just like my leased car. It has a mileage cap. Therefore, I can't enjoy it at all. Nope. Not even a little bit. In fact, it makes me angry just to drive it ay all and use up my precious allotment. I should protest. I'm going to another forum now to post about it.

13. knimetimmy macrumors member

Im with OP on this one. I use on average around 3 gigs a month, and thats just because I limit what I do so I dont go over my 3 gig cap. I feel like we should at the very least have an option to pay extra and have unlimited.

14. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

The big joke here, that no one seems to get, is just as everyone rolls out LTE, they are throttling back data limits and doing away with 'unlimited' plans.

Anyone else see the irony in this? The cell carriers are sucking everyone in to this vortex of higher data charges and everyone is like: "YEAH, BRING ON LTE!!!". Great, now you can burn through your limited data plan in 3 days.

For those of you who say you don't use much data at all, try streaming your own music from your cloud service or watch a couple online movies. You'll be over your limit in about 8 hours.

15. Willyb26 macrumors member

Willyb26

I'm limited to 300mb. It's all we can afford. Verizon is too expensive!!

16. samxool macrumors member

Precisely why i store movies and music on my phone.
    Not only am i completely non-reliant on an internet connection, i also don't have to worry about data limits, having to wait for something to buffer, etc.
    I really can't believe why people use icloud.
    I mean come on! How little intelligence do you have that you are willing to pay apple to access music/videos you already own!!!
    And i know there is streaming from places such as netflix.
    again, just download the movie you want and store it physically on your phone.

Guess what, i can listen to all my music and watch the films I want, and it won't affect even 1kb of my data allowance.
    Thank god i was born with brains unlike some people here!

17. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

You don't have to pay Apple anything to do that. It doesn't take any intelligence to research something before you post.

That's not at all cost effective. It would cost thousands of dollars to buy the items instead.

I assume you refer to illegally downloading the content instead.

Aside from that, an iPhone just doesn't have enough storage.

I think that you are the one with no brain, either because you can't see that other people's needs are different to yours or that you don't consider the legality of what you're doing.

18. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

lol you should see the DATA plan for tablets here in dk

the maximum you can get as a DATA plan 500mb of data (per month) but most other phone companies have 200mb and there are no other options... now thats a joke.

19. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

You certainly can. You can pay to have as much as you want. On AT&T it's $10 per GB.

This thread is like complaining that cars will run out of gas. In both cases no one is saying that you can't go fill it up again.

20. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

I don't know why people complain so much about limited data. I have unlimited 3G with Verizon and I have never used more than 600MB in one month. My monthly average is around 350MB to 450MB. Why? Because everywhere I go, with the exception of work, I have Wi-Fi. Is it really that difficult for a lot of people to find Wi-Fi hotspots?

21. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Yes. I pretty much only have wifi at home. Sometimes I'll be lucky and happen to sit down within range of a Starbucks, but that's about the only time I have wifi throughout the day.

22. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Unlimited data is a thing of the past. Many people are enjoying their iPhones with limited data plans. They are the future and unlimited is the past. Stop whining and get with it. There is nothing anyone can do. These phone companies can do whatever they want, when they want. Its all written in the contract to cover them, just as AT&T stated they can throttle from day 1.

If you use more data than PAY UP FOR IT. I am a little shocked that this move came this early. Seems like it was just yesterday VZW stated anyone who upgrades can retain their unlimited but I guess thats out the window.

AT&T's announcement will come next.

23. Tea-Aholic macrumors 6502

You Americans don't know what it's like here in Australia. Only 200MB on my plan. :(

24. old-wiz macrumors G3

More likely half a day.

----------

In Mass, free wi-fi is hard to find. You need to go to a public library or a store with free wi-fi.

25. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Exactly. Americans are lazy people who want stuff for free or dirt cheap.

Though I am sorry you have guys have only 200Mb plans and LTE. Could burn through that in a minute.