How can you accept a damaged phone out of the box?

KnightMan

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
Doing my research on my next device, I'm quite shocked at how many people here actually are so forgiving of Apple in regards to their pre-damaged phones. I mean, don't people go to Apple for high end beautiful devices. Is this not supposed to be the phone for people with the highest of standards? I know if any of my BB phones ever came out of the box with any damage, BB would hear about it. And this isn't just a one off, so many people are reporting this issue. So for the people that care, are you going to the store to get a replacement, and are you gonna open up each box to make sure it is not damaged as well? As a potential new customer, I'm actually quite concerned about the reliability and durability of the internals and the phones overall assembly. I never use a case, but now it seems iPhone 5 users have no choice. I've got my upgrade coming in December, I hope things improve with the build quality by then.

Last edited:

ugp

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2008
Inverness, Florida
Mine were spotless. If I would have bought mine in store I would have wanted to see the product and I would have refused a damaged item out of the box in store.

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
A lot of people don't have a local store. With your option being shipping the phone back and being without one for three weeks or living with some defects, many will live with the defects.