How come Apple has no qualms giving China source code for security reasons?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Mar 11, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

http://qz.com/332059/apple-is-repor...ess-to-its-devices-for-a-security-assessment/

Yet every American is throwing a tantrum for when the US government asks, via court order and for a terrorism case (unlike why Apple chose to help other countries, like China in this instance)?

Apple isn't alone, looking back there are articles from 2003, 2007, and more recent over Microsoft freely giving Windows and other product source code as well. I've posted the link to one such article (from a tech site) before.

It's all okay for the communist countries but not okay for America?

2. FieldingMellish Suspended

China will stop making the Golden Goose for Apple.

Here we're witnessing an owned American company.

3. edk99 macrumors 6502a

From the article....
    So someone speculating that Apple is giving China source code means that Apple *is* giving them the source code?

As for the US issue which is totally different then what China is asking for I'm unsure what correlation you are trying to draw. Being forced to create *new* software to defeat security mechanisms by the government does not sound the same as a government asking for "Security Checks" which we have no idea what that involves. It certainly does not sound like China is forcing them to change their software.

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Apple has enough problems with fake Chinese iPhones. I highly doubt they are giving China their source code.