How come i can't watch Youtube on Safari on iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ArchXyrho, Dec 22, 2010.

1. ArchXyrho macrumors member

I thought that all youtube videos had been converted to HTML 5? and doesn't Safari on iPad 4.2.1 support full HTML 5? but yet i can't watch youtube on Safari instead of the Youtube App. Or maybe i just have the whole idea of HTML 5 wrong.

2. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

3. ArchXyrho thread starter macrumors member

4. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

Download the app Terra. It allows u to disguise your browser as a desktop browser which avoids the whole mobile website stuff. Other browsers offer this too. The only thing bad about Terra is that it doesn't have a search bar.

5. MrWillie, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010

MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

I have Atomic for when I really want to or need to goto a site that insists on the mobile version.

Isn't flash video H.264 in a flash wrapper and HTML 5 H.264 in a HTML 5 wrapper?

In my original post I used there site instead of their site. Let's blame it on autocorrect.

6. BobHail macrumors 6502a

You guys are just whining! Don´t you know it´s the best web experience ever!!! :mad:

7. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

Why is it that I haven't had any problems with seeing YouTube videos while using Safari (maybe so far)?

8. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

Although I haven't seen you here in a while, For someone as anti iPad as you, you sure do spend some time on the iPad forums.

That was my point exactly. (Maybe I am not Youtubing correctly. Change my habits and maybe see some problems ?)