How come it doesn't give you the option to buy the upgrade on itunes now?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jlyanks85, Jan 18, 2008.

1. jlyanks85 macrumors 6502a

I want to restore my jailbroken touch and just go back to the regular version but it's not giving me the option to buy the upgrade for some reason.

2. REBELinBLUE macrumors regular

Yes people on engadget are saying the same thing. Some are also saying they have had their charge refunded.

A friend and I who both bought it on Tuesday haven't been charged yet, I'm sure iTunes UK is normally fairly quick to charge, and my friend also says in his order history there is no longer an invoice number for it, only the order number.

Maybe Apple are backing down?

We can but hope

3. DizzyRose macrumors regular

DizzyRose

I certainly hope they make it free, but I also hope they refund everyone who paid for it.

4. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

I just started to download the firmware update. So I won't be able to download the apps? If so I guess I'm not doing it now because I am going away for the weekend and don't want to be without mail.

5. jlyanks85 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hopefully they bring back the option to buy it soon because I'd like to just buy it as soon as possible. Don't really feel like staying with a jb touch anymore

6. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

7. zirkle2007 macrumors 6502

zirkle2007

Dunno whats up on your end, but I still can pay 20 bucks. not gonna, but i can... :mad:

8. jlyanks85 thread starter macrumors 6502a

well I'm checking itunes now and don't see the buy option anywhere, unless you have to have the ipod plugged into the computer in order for the buy option to pop up?

9. REBELinBLUE macrumors regular

yes you do

10. jlyanks85 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok that pretty much answers my question. can't buy it now anyway since I'm not at my house where my itunes account is. So I'll just have to do it tomorrow

11. zirkle2007 macrumors 6502

zirkle2007

I just go to the iTunes Store home page, then right toward the middle is the iPod touch January Software Upgrade.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit: After seeing the post about buying it w/o the touch connected, I still get the option. I think Apple has some slight bugs to work out.

12. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

Giving me the "Remind Me Later" option or "No Thanks"

13. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

This is what Im getting:

Attached Files:

14. mrweirdo macrumors 6502

lol that no thanks button looks tempting :D they should change it to "no thanks I'm jailbreaking bitches!" :D

15. Koebi macrumors newbie

Koebi

You need to update the firmware to 1.1.3 before you can buy the app pack.

16. intempo808 macrumors regular

hmmm... i feel a rebate coming on from Apple... :rolleyes:

17. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Can anybody reaffirm this?

If this is true, I might just update.

18. Pared macrumors 65816

4 Strings is great! :D

19. David G. macrumors 65816

I bought the update on Tuesday, saw the decrease in balance by $20 on my iTunes account on Wednesday, and then from Thursday on I am back to where I was balance wise before I bought the upgrade. Needless to say, I am happy.:)

20. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

Really? That is pretty interesting news! Could be evidence that Apple plans to offer the update for free?

21. cjd82187 macrumors member

I just bought it about 3 hours ago... But to see the buy button you need to meet a few requirements (mine did not say buy untill all were met btw) You must have the iPod Touch connected to your computer, it must be 1.1.3 already, and you must have iTunes 7.6 installed. I had all but iTunes 7.6, and it says all of this info on the page where you try to buy it. All the people probably trying to get the apps still probably have 7.5 because they want the option to downgrade to 1.1.1 if they do not like it I'm guessing (apple fixed the downgrade option in 7.6).