How come many disliked the leaked two tone back

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Sep 22, 2012.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

Of this iPhone few months ago
    I mean lots said they hated it but now many says it's the most beautiful iPhone ever?
    Is this a lesson learned the hard way....

2. Textureboy, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012

Textureboy macrumors 6502

Textureboy

There will always be haters. People hated the first iPhone, before it even came out and look at where it is now.

People called the iPhone 4 ugly when it was leaked on Gizmodo, and it became one of the "best" designs.

iPhone 5 isn't much of a difference from the 4, but still beautiful overall.

Got to touch it today, thin and light as hell. The back feels very nice to hold.

3. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

You've got an S2 how did it feel different in weight to you?

I remember when I unboxed my S2. Nearly dropped the thing it was so light. Then I thought the battery still has to go in and well it didn't make much of a difference.

4. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

No I still think it looks tacky.

There are three types of people:

Those who hate just to hate for no real reasons.

Those who are reasonable.

Those who love just to love for no real reasons. Honestly this is a lot of Apple's customers (and FanDroids too!). I posted a link to a video where this guy was the first waiting in line for iPhone. He said it's the best product Apple has EVER made. And he's never even used it. To him it's probably just a status symbol. I bet if you were to ask him why it was amazing he just go...:confused:

5. technopimp macrumors 6502a

I didn't like it at all in the leaks, or even the keynote. But the pictures did not do it justice. It is stunning in person, and I can't put it down (feels so light yet so strong).

I think this is one of those things you need to see and touch in person to appreciate.

6. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

The design is impeccable irl. It's so thin, and it feels so nice, I was very surprised how nice it was compared to the pictures. Definitely a step up from the 4/4S.

7. Textureboy macrumors 6502

Textureboy

Compared both, the 5 is definitely lighter, that it makes my S2 feel heavy.

I agree when I first got the S2 it felt SO light.

It's thinner then the S2 which makes it feel smaller and I guess create the "light" feeling as well.

My S2 lags and its disappointing :( Reformatted the thing too still laggy. The keyboard isn't as fast as the iPhone's. Touch screen isn't as responsive.

8. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

True

Ah that sucks :( I only kept the S2 for 3 weeks though then sold it. Are you switching to iPhone?

9. Textureboy macrumors 6502

Textureboy

Hell Yeah!

LOL I got my first Macbook last month, need an iPhone to go with the collection :p

The S2 didn't even last me a year before I upgrade which is disappointing :'( It doesn't go well with my Mac anyways.

Expecting the 5 to last me till the 6.

10. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

You're lucky. A guy at work only kept his S2 for two weeks, before being diagnosed with plastic burns on 70% of his body. Samsung said it's normal.
    Now... Do you feel even better than before?

11. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

People hated the leaked iPhone 4 design as well.

12. enophi1 macrumors 6502a

enophi1

I think it looks tacky.

For all the apple fanatics who throw a tantrum at the slight mention of Apple's halo slipping : I've had apple products since I was a teenager. I love Apple Products, but I am not a Fanboi retard. I appreciated Apple more when they were more obscure and not as popular.

However, the black plates are just too reminiscent of 5 years ago, the glass on the 4s was more of a superior design, but I understand why Apple went this way with the two tone. "Weightlessness" It's also causing flaking, and denting issues. The Aluminium is just too soft, and the anodized material is flaking off a lot of the black models.

Mine is white, and I am pleased to say, no flaking, no problems, just beautiful. Except for that backplate.

Either way , I will still enjoy my phone. :)

13. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I admit I wasn't too fond of the design when the leaks came out, it slowly started to grow on me. But like someone else said, you really have to hold this one and see it person before you realize how nice it is.

I think when the leaks came out I even went so far as to say it looked like a Chinese knockoff.

14. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I didn't like it when the rumors first came out and I still don't like it once I've seen it in real life. The durability of it makes it even worse.

15. rmbpuser, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012

rmbpuser macrumors 6502

i just didn't like the black one and still don't
    plus it really looks taller with weird candybar proportions on photos than it really is
    it ended being quite comfortable in the hands, i can easily reach all parts of the screen with my girly small hands lol, my hands are smaller than my mothers :S

16. iMichael! macrumors regular

17. takeshi74 macrumors 601

What's with these "Many said X now many say Y" memes? How are you sure they're the same exact people? There will always be comments on both sides on any matter. That doesn't necessarily mean people are changing their minds.