how come my transmissnion torrant downloader wont go over 2 kbs?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dg45, Aug 6, 2009.

1. dg45 macrumors regular

iam using transmission torrant app.

last night when i was using the app, it was getting over 50kbs.
    i left the laptop on for the whole day today, and i come back from work, and the transmission was only getting 2kbs tops.
    i shut it down and restart it and and iam still getting 2kps or sometimes no kps.
    i have the limit download amout set to 750kps and the limited connection shedule off also.

what do u think went wrong?
    how can i fix this?
    what should i check?

please help
    thanks to all who help

2. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

It sounds like you ISP is throttling you ( slowing down your torrents ) not much you can do though. best of luck though and I hope your downloading legal torrents! lol

3. quactaur macrumors newbie

I know everyone asks these questions, but just in case.

Have you opened up your ports? In transmission's network screen, higlight your port number and hit enter, and make sure the light is green. If you're using UPNP sometimes routers just mess this up and shut ports, which can cripple your speeds.

Have you enabled encryption? I can't remember if this is on by default or not, but make sure it is, it can sometimes get pass isp throttling

Are you limiting your upload speeds? If you have upload speed set to 0/unlimited, it can actually completely cripple your internet connection. Find out what upload speed your connection has, and set a limit a good 10kbps lower than that.

If none of the above work, then the torrent itself could be the problem. Get a highly seeded torrent (openoffice.org is a good one) and see what your speeds are.