How come O2 haven't announced the PAYG or the initial contract price for the iPhone4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alandalf, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Alandalf macrumors newbie

How come O2 haven't announced the PAYG or the initial contract price for the iPhone4 but they have announced the monthly prices

2. hippyharry macrumors regular

hippyharry

They might reveal them today.

By the looks of the emails they send out, theres going to be 1 every day from their O2 Guru James....

3. robpow macrumors regular

robpow

Chicken race with other networks to see who can hold out the longest before committing to prices?

4. kayl0rz macrumors member

Arent the actual handset prices set by apple? so O2 have no control over them anyway. the only thing they can price are the tarrifs.

i need the handset prices to i know if i can afford to get one on launch! else i have to wait untill the day after when i get paid. most annoying thing EVER!

5. synagence macrumors 6502a

Yeah, the word has been that they're waiting for apple to reveal the handset prices to the carriers so they can then work out how much each contract/deal with get subsidised

Its got to be very soon since pre-ordering starts on tuesday.... would expect today

6. The Phazer macrumors 68030

No, Apple just set the wholesale prices to the network. The network decides on how the subsidy/handset price split will work.

Phazer

7. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

Those emails are incredibly annoying. Judging by the photo of "James" I can only assume that the word "guru" is supposed to be bitterly ironic.

8. Gorki247 macrumors member

I can sort of understand that the networks haven't announced their contract prices yet. But isn't the PAYG price determined by Apple? Actually, what I don't get is why Apple hasn't posted any prices on their site yet.