How come on the Evo 4G you can change the PRL...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Johnny Steps, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Johnny Steps macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

To make it work with Verizon (AKA Roaming all the time but having wait better speeds than being on the Sprint Network) but not change the PRL on the iPhone? Or is there a hack for that when you jailbreak?

I'm just wondering so sorry for my ignorance I'm probably showing right now. Thank you.

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

You can update it on the iPhone by resetting the network settings. It's just done differently. It's for roaming on all preferred towers, which might not always be Verizon and there's no way to make it always roam.

3. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Ok you can't change any phones prl without rooting or jail breaking so what is your question? The only thing you can do is simply update it but that's it.

4. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

When the A5 Jailbreak comes out, can I do that then?

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

You can't switch it to roam all the time on Sprint, anyway. They have a heart attack about it, now.

6. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

Lol whatever gets me out of their contract ha ha.

7. openendstraight macrumors regular

openendstraight

My only question is, why you would come on a Mac site asking about an Evo 4G problem? Not flaming just wondering the logic behind the decision.

8. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Your an ignorant person , and I mean that in the nicest way.

9. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

They aren't asking about a problem with the Evo 4G, they're asking about a problem with the iPhone 4S.

10. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

We're both ignorant. You used "your" instead of "you're" and I mean that in the nicest way possible.

11. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

your   [yoor, yawr, yohr; unstressed yer] Show IPA
    pronoun
    (a form of the possessive case of you *used as an attributive adjective): Your jacket is in that closet. I like your idea. Compare yours.
    one's (used to indicate that one belonging to oneself or to any person): The consulate is your best source of information. As you go down the hill, the library is on your left.
    (used informally to indicate all members of a group, occupation, etc., or things of a particular type): Take your factory worker, for instance. Your power brakes don't need that much servicing.
    Origin:
    before 900; Middle English; Old English ēower *(genitive of gē ye1 ); cognate with German euer

12. openendstraight macrumors regular

openendstraight

Sorry, your right I misread the post.