How come on the Evo 4G you can change the PRL...

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
To make it work with Verizon (AKA Roaming all the time but having wait better speeds than being on the Sprint Network) but not change the PRL on the iPhone? Or is there a hack for that when you jailbreak?

I'm just wondering so sorry for my ignorance I'm probably showing right now. Thank you.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
You can update it on the iPhone by resetting the network settings. It's just done differently. It's for roaming on all preferred towers, which might not always be Verizon and there's no way to make it always roam.

Arnezie

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
To make it work with Verizon (AKA Roaming all the time but having wait better speeds than being on the Sprint Network) but not change the PRL on the iPhone? Or is there a hack for that when you jailbreak?

I'm just wondering so sorry for my ignorance I'm probably showing right now. Thank you.
Ok you can't change any phones prl without rooting or jail breaking so what is your question? The only thing you can do is simply update it but that's it.

openendstraight

macrumors regular
May 5, 2010
La Vegas
My only question is, why you would come on a Mac site asking about an Evo 4G problem? Not flaming just wondering the logic behind the decision.

Arnezie

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
your   [yoor, yawr, yohr; unstressed yer] Show IPA
pronoun
(a form of the possessive case of you *used as an attributive adjective): Your jacket is in that closet. I like your idea. Compare yours.
one's (used to indicate that one belonging to oneself or to any person): The consulate is your best source of information. As you go down the hill, the library is on your left.
(used informally to indicate all members of a group, occupation, etc., or things of a particular type): Take your factory worker, for instance. Your power brakes don't need that much servicing.
Origin:
before 900; Middle English; Old English ēower *(genitive of gē ye1 ); cognate with German euer