How come Siri knows my work and home button not my gym?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Will69, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Will69 macrumors regular

Sorry about the mistake in the thread title. It's "but" not "button". Don't know how to edit that. Ugh.

I can't get Siri to set up a reminder when I get to the gym or when I get to my supermarket named Publix.

I set up my contact to include an address for work, home, gym, and "other"with a custom field named Publix.

Siri understands me when I ask her to remind me of something as I arrive work, or home, but not to gym or Publix.

Why?

When I ask for a reminder for when I arrive the gym, it tells me it does not know where my gym is, and offers for me to update my contact. But my contact, as listed by siri, already shows my gym in one of the address fields. So I don't understand.

2. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

Another small limitation while in Beta is the only thing I can gather? :confused:

3. Will69 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm trying different things and now I got it to "work" by saying.

"remind me when I get to gym address that I have arrived at the gym"

Notice I had to intentionally say "get to gym" so that she wouldn't get confused.

I made a contact separate from my own with the name of "Gym" that has the gym's address.

4. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I have it set different. I have work and home listed under my address book card. My gym is under another card "Bally."

If I say remind me X when I get to Bally it works.

Same works for other contacts, no extra wording needed.

Do you have public as well listed under your contact?

5. Will69 thread starter macrumors regular

I have pubix under my own contact as an additional address.

6. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

This is easy, you just set up a new contact and use gym or publix as the company name. Input the address and Siri will know. That's what I did when I did an reminder for a car dealership. "Remind me to give salesman receipt when I arrive at Mercedes Benz of manhattan."

7. iRobby macrumors 6502a

iRobby

Try going under your own contact info and insert your gym address and make a custom label, "Gym". It needs to be connected to your main Contact that Siri recognizes you as and then she will recognize the custom address label.

This should work because I made a custom address label for my Florida house and she recognized Florida House

8. Will69 thread starter macrumors regular

I did that. Didn't work.

I did the exact same thing for home and work and that DOES function. Weird.