How dark is the back of the black iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rogifan, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

I see some picture like below where it looks like a dark slate and then others where it looks more of a light silver (and the two tone is much more noticeable). I wonder which is more accurate? I'm hoping it looks darker than some of the pics because IMO that's a much sharper design. Perhaps some of the case leaks we saw were before the aluminum was anodized and that's why it looked lighter?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. george-brooks macrumors 6502a

george-brooks

the silverish photo seems to be the angle of the light reflecting off the metal to me. From what I've heard from people who have played with it in person, its a sort of gunmetal black, like a dark slate grey with a lot of blue hues

3. Rogifan thread starter macrumors P6

Rogifan

Oh good. Glad to hear. Though the white one is really tempting me too. Of course AT&T early termination fee is not so I might be sitting this one out.

4. MacWorld78 macrumors regular

I really love this tones - I really hope to get this one.....

:confused:

5. Stetrain macrumors 68040

This hands on video shows how it looks without a camera flash:

6. MacWorld78 macrumors regular

Thank buddy - that's look real good, i still think above pix is really neat because it's more balance design between ipad and macbook pro as well...

It would be really cool only IF they could add-on apple logo glowing light using LED :D

7. george-brooks macrumors 6502a

george-brooks

I would love a glowing apple on my iphone but it would have to use a separate light which would drain the battery more, and it already drains faster than I can keep up with. The apple on the macbook glows from the screen backlight so its not wasting any extra power.

8. SR71 macrumors 68000

The first two images are images that are from Apple.com. They are legitimate and are accurate to what the black iPhone 5 will look like. The last picture is not an image used on Apple.com. I don't think it's legit. Also, just go look at some hands-on videos. It's pretty much black/slate/gunmetal.

9. MacWorld78 macrumors regular

i've seen somewhere in youtube someone who explained how to mod glowing light for the apple logo, like you mentioned it would drain the battery faster because the light is kinda big for the logo lol - only APPLE can do this (Illuminated LED on a MacBook Pro at the front) - this wont affect battery life - that's truly amazing.

I'm in love with :apple: lol cant help it

10. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

11. MacWorld78 macrumors regular

just black ;) again what are you expecting?

12. Stetrain macrumors 68040

It's just a smooth polished spot in the black metal.

13. george-brooks macrumors 6502a

george-brooks

Also, you can disregard the third image, it was a pre-release mockup and is not representative of the final product