How demanding is the FIFA series to Run - Looking to buy the RMBP

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by icebergx, Jun 12, 2012.

1. icebergx macrumors regular

Hi all,
    I'm interested in buying the new Retina MBP, mostly for work, which doesn't tend to be that demanding (regular Office, web and maybe some CAD in future.) The only game I ever play is FIFA (mostly Online play.)

If I bought the base model with 8GB Ram, do you think this should be sufficient so that I'll be able to run the forthcoming editions Fifa for the next 4-5 year (FIFA 13-17?)
    I was considering upgrading to 16GB Ram but the extra $200 is a bit pricey in my opinion and, if it's relatively sure that FIFA will work OK, I'd rather save the money.

Thanks,

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Not really. It should be fine for 2-3 years, but after that it'll start to show it's age.

Also, you play FIFA on a computer already? How can you stand using the keyboard instead of a controller? Ugh.

3. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Probably not on high settings, because the next gen of consoles will surely come out in that time, and there will be a significant jump in console port requirements. You'd probably will have to lower your settings quite a bit in 4 years.

RAM won't help, it's the graphics card that is the bottleneck.

I use a 360 controller on my Mac. Bought it after I experienced the keyboard controls for myself.

4. icebergx thread starter macrumors regular

No, never played FIFA on a mac/pc before. I just assumed you could buy a 3rd party control pad.

How bad do the fifa graphics currently look on "low" settings? Does anyone have a screenshot?

Thanks again