How Did I Ever Live Without LTE?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by renesandy, Sep 24, 2012.

1. renesandy macrumors regular

renesandy

How did I ever live with LTE?
    In NYC, AT&T's HSPA+ network is so overloaded that at times it was nearly unusable. Today, I sat in class where I usually sat with my 4S and experienced tons of frustration only to be amazed. I clicked and things just loaded so quickly. It was incredible!
    Happy camper here!
    :apple:

How are y'all liking LTE?

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

The same way as we lived without smartphones.
    And dumb phones.
    And the internet.
    And video games.
    And the TV remote.
    And TV.
    And automobiles.

3. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I'm in Raleigh so one of the areas with only 10Mhz of spectrum. I do get better reception in my house with iPhone 5 on LTE.

Speedwise I've seen pretty good speeds (16 down, 6 up), but mostly fairly low speeds (6 down, 3-4 up.) On "4G" (HSPA+) on the 4S I was getting 6-7 down and 2-3 up, so getting the same on LTE is a bit disappointing.

Still haven't seen the 30Mbps down that others have.

But battery life seems better for me so I am quite satisfied with its performance.

4. TOOFY macrumors regular

You say that now my friend - wait until it becomes mainstream! I remember the same crap with my iphone 4S on HSPA+ it was running great and getting about 8 - 9 down. Now its barely 2!

5. megapopular macrumors 6502a

No, people live differently with the above things. People got a lot less done in regards to travel time without automobiles, so that's different. Same goes for the other things on the list, just affected people in different ways.