Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gladoscc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
There was an article on how the xbox was hacked, and it was a very interesting read. Are there similar articles for iOS and jailbreaking?

gladoscc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
I have tried googling, but I ended up with results about security exploits that allows a remote attacker to access SMS, for example, nothing relevant about jailbreaking.

Wikipedia just names the release dates.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Stefan Esser or @i0n1c on twitter just wrote a couple boooks and talks about IOS jailbreaking history as well how you can learn to do it.. I don't think this is a guide for dummies though.. I think some decent knowledge of coding is needed to understand it. but it's worth checking out if your motivated. p0sixninja also writes some pretty good stuff on his blog about jailbreaking. And if you didn't reaf it Plantbeing wrote this that was a pretty interesting read I thought.. http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/oe2n1/why_we_can_never_give_etas_for_jailbreaks/

gladoscc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
Stefan Esser or @i0n1c on twitter just wrote a couple boooks and talks about IOS jailbreaking history as well how you can learn to do it.. I don't think this is a guide for dummies though.. I think some decent knowledge of coding is needed to understand it. but it's worth checking out if your motivated. p0sixninja also writes some pretty good stuff on his blog about jailbreaking. And if you didn't reaf it Plantbeing wrote this that was a pretty interesting read I thought.. http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/oe2n1/why_we_can_never_give_etas_for_jailbreaks/

Thank you! Through that wasn't technical at all.

----------

Nevermind, I just pre-ordered the book. Should be a fun read!

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Thank you! Through that wasn't technical at all.

----------

Nevermind, I just pre-ordered the book. Should be a fun read!

I was talking about Stefan Esse books on jailbreaking being technical. So you already read them then. Then the next thing is find the hackers in the RSS char feeds go from there. I'm not sure which ones they are in though. I just know it's one of the ways they communicate and Skype.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.