How did Trump end up in front of a presidential seal doctored to include a Russian symbol?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jul 25, 2019.

1. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

It is just another in a string of examples of how amateurish this White House is. They constantly issue news releases with words and names misspelled, and can’t seem to get even normal matters of protocol and procedure right.

2. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

I just saw this and was going to post a thread. Not a huge deal, but very strange. Heaven forbid he just have the regular seal. Unless someone on his staff is trolling him, which I would not rule out.

3. LordVic macrumors 603

>It was a last-minute A/V mistake

No it wasn't. Judgingt by the Golf Clubs, this was meant to be a humurous bout of political resistance.

someone intentionally made sure that was showing when Rump came out

Good on em

4. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

Same way he stands in front of other symbols as well ;)

5. Mousse macrumors 68020

Mousse

I didn't see any Russian symbols on the seal. I see a 2 head eagle that is a carbon copy of the Russian coat of arms.
    [​IMG]
    I see a wad of cash and golf clubs in the claw instead of olive branches and arrows. I see some writing on the ribbon but I don't know what it says, "45 <something>"
    [​IMG]

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

7. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

8. Huntn macrumors demi-god

Huntn

Golfing and clutching dollar bills, I think Trump would approve of a special seal for him.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 25, 2019 ---
    45 is a puppet as per the link in post 1.

9. PracticalMac, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019

PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Putin's gift to his minion.

Epic and incredibly appropriate seal. Need to get the bumper sticker version.

Best-troll-ever!

10. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

This is fantastic. I bet when they watch news coverage of this in Russia - or anything Trump does - there's the Russian equivalent of Benny Hill music playing in the background. He's got to be comedy relief for the rest of the world when he isn't pissing one of our allies off.

11. LordVic macrumors 603

So still trying to guess / speculate.

Russian hack or inside job

12. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Czar Putin approves of this (subliminal) message.

13. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

Like to say either way it was entertaining. But maybe it was a test drive by Trump himself in which case if any of those conservative teenagers noticed it and figured it was the new wave and they're up for it, well... maybe my passport needs some fresh air.

14. PracticalMac, Jul 25, 2019

PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

15. LordVic macrumors 603

If you truly believe Trump is "test driving" anything, I've got this nifty bridge to sell :p

all seriousness, Not his style. He'd just change it. and say "This arms, our arms have always been this, I have arms, you know. The Arms, the old arms werne't really our arms, so I have the best arms, I said, and here we are, I give you the best arms and we'll use my best arms from now on ok"

16. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Or maybe 45 is a stooge of the Neo Holy Roman Empire, one of the cabals of the Illuminati.

2880px-Banner_of_the_Holy_Roman_Emperor_with_haloes_(1400-1806).svg.png
    Banner of the Holy Roman Empire.

17. LizKat, Jul 25, 2019

LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

Heck they just look like really big barnswallows all crazed over a cat sitting down below the rafters waiting for first flight of the juvies.

i would really like to know who got that faux seal projection up there and what the purpose was. Should be alarming but will be very amusing if no one leaks it and we can't find out.

EDIT: see a couple posts down... it is pretty amusing..

18. glindon macrumors regular

glindon

I’m guessing you forgot to read the article, the part where someone from Turning Point, which was in charge of the projector and the event, added a “Presidential Seal” last minute to the slide presentation. This has nothing to do with Trump or the White House.

19. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

yeah but the full explanation and a detailed bit about the creator of the faux seal was in a later piece in a link inside the originally cited piece

20. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

It’s amateur hour of every day at the White House.

21. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

Just remember, people wanted that. It's different. It shakes up things. :rolleyes:

Also if you find it, watch some of the video they played warming the audience up. It's friggin' hilarious. It talks up how much 45 loved military school, was a great athlete, both the boys & girls ( not sure why that needed to be emphasized by the narrator ) loved him, and he arrives like a Hollywood action star.

22. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Well, no, I did read the whole article, which it appears you did not, since they quote Richard Painter, a former Bush administration official (and a college classmate of mine) who says that any competent White House advance team would have reviewed the slides before they were used.

23. Micky Do macrumors 68000

Micky Do

In translation says "45 is a puppet". In the light of what has happened over the past couple of years or so, a fair summation methinks.

24. glindon macrumors regular

glindon

What happens when the guy running the projector changes a slide the very last minute and doesn’t tell anyone?

And I did read the article...
    “A White House spokesman — who, like the Turning Point spokesman, discussed the situation on the condition of anonymity — told The Post the White House staff did not see the fake seal before it appeared on-screen and referred questions about the incident to Turning Point.”
    They did review the slides beforehand.
    “To let someone project something on the screen that isn’t controlled by the White House is pretty stupid.”
    Painter said it was stupid that the White House staff weren’t the ones clicking the projector button. Fair enough.