How did you move apps or make new pages on os 1.1.2 or older?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Airforcekid, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

If you were jailbroken before 1.1.3 how did you move apps or add more pages I didn't jailbreak until 1.1.4.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Is this question out of curiousity or are you still on iOS 1.1.2?

3. Spectrum Abuser, Dec 14, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2011

Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

You didn't make new pages. The page would just scroll down vertically as the applications built up.

EDIT: Corrected. See post below.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The pages didn't scroll, the icons just built up and went off the screen after too many. Then came Summerboard. It allowed pages, but you still couldn't move them easily. At first you have to change the device's SpringBoard plist to rearrange them. After awhile an app called Customize came out that allowed for easy rearrangement of the apps.

In fact, Summerboard was one of the first things Apple took from a jailbroken device.

5. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

I stand corrected. I just remember a fond memory of a bud of mine showing his 2G tweaks back before Cydia and it scrolled down the page to show more applications.

6. Airforcekid thread starter macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

Curiosity I didn't jailbreak until 1.1.4 so the pages and moveable apps already existed.

7. dave420 macrumors 65816

I think there was an app called launcher that you would download first typically. You would open it and then could scroll down your list of apps. Having multiple pages made finding apps simpler.

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Yep. I remember Launcher well. It was recommended that after you installed Installer the next thing you install was Launcher so you could access your apps. If you didn't install it as soon enough, it would be off the screen and unusable. The fix for this was to use SSH and remove some of the apps until Launcher app was visible.