Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I have nevr used the cloud to store my photos. Always use iTunes to back up my photos.

They are stored on Dropbox and my Desktop at home.

I do not use Google for anything.

Last edited:

ConnYoungy

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
I use iCloud, had a lot of issues to begin with but in the end i totally deleted my iCloud Library, waited the 30 days for it to all be permanently gone and then re-added everything from my mac, only allowed it to sync to iCloud after everything was added to the mac library, now everything works super smooth from both ends!

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
I use Google Photos to store my photos and videos.
Photos is one area where Google has left apple in the dust. The Google search/categorization features are so good that it's almost scary, definitely a game changer for photo organization. Hopefully Apple will step up its game, they're leaps and bounds behind when it comes to this technology.

Genkakuzai

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2013
I don't sync them. Whenever I feel like they're eating up too much disk space I simply copy them using Image Capture in OS X, selecting delete after transfer.

lordhamster

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2008
I use a combination of Google Photos and iCloud

Google photos has every photo I've ever taken (well since the digital era). iCloud just left enabled on my wife's phone and mine as a second backup of anything we capture on the phone. Plus it is good for backing up live photos/slomos that Google doesn't properly capture at the moment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.