How disappointed would you be if there was no fingerprint scanner in the iPhone 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by acuriouslad, Sep 10, 2013.

?

How disappointed would you be?

Poll closed Sep 11, 2013.
  1. Seriously disappointed! (I mean come on there were those pictures...)

17 vote(s)
    23.9%
  2. Would have been a good draw card but wasn't enough to upgrade for anyway

23 vote(s)
    32.4%
  3. I never wanted it in the first place

31 vote(s)
    43.7%
  1. acuriouslad macrumors regular

After all the hype and all the leaks, how disappointed would you end up being if the iPhone 5S didn't have a fingerprint scanner?

2. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

depends on what other suprises they have ofcource. talks of 12 megapixel camera, talks of a slow motion camera, talks of a bigger aparture camera, talks of the ring being a led ring, talks of a dual led flash, talks of 128gb(although i have a itchy feeling that it will cost ~100 dollar more and that they will still offer 16gb), talks of a bigger battery(together with better CPU etc it could be 10-20% battery increase), talks of a better CPU and GPU(also depending on whats inside, could be a really awesome GPU for epic graphics), talks of a new 4g chip(for europians important, we cant use iphone 5 now for 4g in most of europe).

am i forgetting some rumors?

anyway, all depends on the suprises...:)

3. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I know whatever Apple announces today will be mindblowingly awesome and everyone will be buying into the upgrade. The question is how many of us also get a 5C as a backup device?

4. FrankRibery macrumors newbie

I must be honest, I don't care a **** about it.

Had this super "fingerprint scanner", on my notebook 5-6 years ago. Never used it. :rolleyes:

5. tekno macrumors 6502a

Just email Apple your bank details and let them take it all.

6. syd430 Guest

Almost no one?

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I can't be disappointed over something I never had, but this is an Apple forum so I guess someone will be.

8. MandyAW92 macrumors member

9. mrmarts macrumors 65816

I would be more disappointed to see the home buttons icon go, it makes it feel cheap and plain.

10. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

For all whose voting that they never wanted it - I bet at least half of you cave in when you realise the convenience of using it over a passcode to unlock the phone / folders / apps etc.

;)

11. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

I know a few people already who will be buying both. It's always good to have a backup device for emergencies. I think if the announcement is as good as I expect many more people will be buying two iPhones this year.

12. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Can anybody who inform us as to whether a touch sensor would provide better security than a PIN/password?

13. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

It won't offer better security because the PIN/password will still be there as a backup option if the sensor doesn't work properly. It's more about convenience and allowing for dramatically quicker unlock times. I think when people see this in action they will be lining up around the world to get the 5S. It's really a remarkable technology to embed in such a tiny device.

14. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

I will never use the feature anyway as I never leave my phone where it could be stolen or used by others.

I want to pick up my phone and just start using it.:p

15. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

16. iCET1906 macrumors newbie

I'd rather have better ringtone and alert options than the fingerprint technology. :D

17. Starfyre macrumors 68000

Starfyre

Whats lacking in the ringtone and alert options? (Thinking whether or not to get a 5 or wait for Nexus 5.)

18. Makaveliarts macrumors 6502

19. Kurfer macrumors regular

Kurfer

Why would you be disappointed about a gimmick that was on laptops circa 1999? Do you also get disappointed when you find out your new toaster doesn't have an auto shut off feature Or when your shoelaces don't glow-in-the-dark?

20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't want it in the first place. I don't like it and wouldn't use it.

21. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

You understand it! Why be disappointed about if the 5s doesnt have a finger scanner? Why if it only has 64gb? You can just put your data on your pc? Why if processor/gpu doeant chance much? Isnt your 5 blazing fast? Why would they introduce 120fps filming ? Nobody uses that anyway!

22. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Couldn't possibly care less about a fingerprint scanner. If it's there, bully. If not, bully. :)

23. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

i never asked for a fingerprint scanner and i could care less about one. i won't be disappointed for a second. it's just something else that will prematurely fail with that mechanical home button. ("oh, it's not failing frequently enough, lets give it more functions...")