How do I activate a number from a 3GS to a 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sean Dempsey, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

I got a 4S, and had my number pushed to it. I didn't change sim cards.

Now, I have a dactivated 4, and my wife has a 3GS. Is there any way I can get her number activated on the 4 without having to go into a store or cut a sim card or anything?

They said the sim on my target phone, the 4, is deactivated and they can't update it?

2. dave006 macrumors 68020

Short answer is no. You either need to cut down her existing Mini-SIM or get a new Micro-SIM. You could get one via mail if you don't want to go to a store to pickup a new Micro-SIM.

When you get your new iPhone 4S it already came with a new unactivted Micro-SIM so that's why it worked.

Dave

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Going to the store should be quick and painless. When I did this with a friend of mine it took less than 10 minutes.

4. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Just go into the store and ask them for a sim so that you can activate the 4.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

To clarify, once an old sim is deactivated, it can never be deactivated again (I am not sure if this is an actual physical limitation, but put another way AT&T won't ever reactivated a previously deactivated card).

As others said, getting a new sim is quick, free, and painless. You don;t even need the phone with you. Just tell them you want a new, activated, micro sim for the line. This will deactivate her old sim, so my recommendation is to bring the phone. They will get everything set up and make sure things are working before you leave the store.