How do I activate my iPhone 5?

Mr. RPG

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Verizon iPhone. Just got it.

However I am confused.

People say I need to call numbers to activate 4G LTE and stuff, but the included booklet says nothing like that.

It jsut wants me to sync it with iTunes.

I have never had a phone before by the way.

No scratches or scuffs as far as I can see. This thing is beautiful :3

IndoX

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
If you switched from AT&T or Sprint, just turn on the phone. That's what I did. I just turned it on, connected to my Wifi, waited about 1 minute after set up was done and I got a message from Verizon telling me my phone activation was completed.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
You don't think that's what the instructions are for? It doesn't even require iTunes to activate anymore.

Mr. RPG

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
You don't think that's what the instructions are for? It doesn't even require iTunes to activate anymore.
Did you read my original post?

I was told I need to call a number before activating the iPhone (a guy on here told me), but it doesn't say that in the instruction booklet.

darngooddesign

macrumors G3
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA

I was told I need to call a number before activating the iPhone (a guy on here told me), but it doesn't say that in the instruction booklet.
So follow the instructions. If you still can't figure it out just go into a Verizon store and have them activate it.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008

I'm confused why you're being so stubborn on this, if some guy on the internet told me that I needed to throw my phone in water but the official instruction don't tell me to do it nor does my carrier (you DID talk to Verizon, right?) I'd probably go with common sense. Hell, you don't even need a computer anymore as others have said.

phrygianmode

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2011
The instructions it came with are actually kind of confusing:

It says to turn off my old phone (vzw iphone 4)
Then call a # to activate LTE service - but it clearly says NOT from my new phone.
THEN turn on my new phone.

I only have my old and new phone. What the hell am I supposed to do with this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.