How Do i Add Dell Printer to Macbook-pro L\Top

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by LIKEIT, Apr 17, 2010.

1. LIKEIT macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone, I'm new here. I'm trying to hook up my Dell Printer to my macbook pro 15''L\Top that has Mac-OS-X Version 10.6.3 software.Can anyone help with this please!:confused:.Thx-u for any info!.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

What model is it? What have you tried? Exactly what sort of help do you need?

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

4. LIKEIT thread starter macrumors newbie

I try that but it did not w/k. I spoke 2 apple and they say it would not work because there is no drivers for it from dell to match apple comp.

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If there is no driver from Apple or Dell, than you may be out of luck. Maybe you can try a driver for a similar printer?

Mac OS X 10.6 supported printers

Mac OS X 10.5 compatible printers

Maybe a printer belonging to the same family as yours is on there and you can try that.

Btw, is L/Top the exact name of the printer?

Have you used MRoogle yet to find similar threads?

6. LIKEIT thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a Dell V505w, it's a wireless 4 in 1/printer. I went 2 printer sharing and add printer and i'm stuck with the drivers part. Can't get the right drivers 4 it!.:eek:

7. LIKEIT thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, i'll try one of those suggestions and see if any helps!.:cool:

8. LIKEIT thread starter macrumors newbie

9. terrifBook macrumors newbie

Dell Printer with MacBook

I have not had luck with this, as Dell posts only Windows drivers. On other blogs I have heard of using the Lexmark 9500 series, and then re-adjusting the color card. I couldn't even get the Mac to believe my Dell was a Lexmark. Some people were successful. Maybe they entered it differently. Check out some more blogs online, and see if you find something that works. I bought the Dell printer when I had my PC so I could work with photographs, so I don't want to have to buy another printer for that. No more Dells, no more PC's. I am cured.