How do I buy AppleCare+ for iPhone 6+ I bought through AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone7ate9, Feb 14, 2015.

1. technosix macrumors 6502a

Call Apple they'll take your order over the phone.

2. turbocamel macrumors member

Isn't AppleCare kinda expensive to get a replacement? $100$ upfront and then $80 for each one?

3. iPhone7ate9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

As opposed to?

It's not $79 unless it's an accident.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Or swing by an Apple Store. I believe you have 60 days from the date you purchased the phone to buy AppleCare.

5. turbocamel macrumors member

I bought mine with amex and they automatically give me an extra one year warranty.

6. Macmaniac1967, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015

Macmaniac1967 macrumors newbie

Yay for you.

Not everyone has or wants an Amex card.

7. BigMcGuire macrumors demi-god

BigMcGuire

Follow the first post here:

http://store.apple.com/us/question/...uying-phones-from-a-carrier/Q2C44C2PXCCYT9DKK

I bought my iPhone 6+ via Verizon's website because I was tired of in store reps pushing me to buy overpriced crap that I could get on Amazon for 1/2 the price.

So, first, I got my Serial Number and my IMEI number - wrote them down on a post it. Called 1-800-275-2273 - the automated assistant confirmed my device and knew my name right away. When a human came online, I just said I wanted AppleCare+ - gave a credit card # and was charged $99 for AppleCare+. They give you a confirmation number that they want you to write down and read back to them. Hours later, I got an email with my papers.

I've had AppleCare+ before. When I shattered my iPhone 5 screen, I got a new one for $50 (I think). It's worth it.