How do I change Menubar font of iStat Menus

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by steve23094, Apr 5, 2015.

1. steve23094 macrumors 68000

steve23094

Hi,

So I just purchased iStat Menus 5.03 because I need to do some monitoring on my iMac running OS X 10.10.2.

The question is how do I change iStat Menus' font in the Menubar because it's fugly with a capital 'F'. It's a bizarre design decision considering the pull down menus themselves look fine.

The tips in the app says 'Click icons within iStat Menus to show settings for colours, text size and other handy things'. I do that and it just displays the drop down menu with all the monitoring. I'm hoping you will say I'm an idiot and I have missed something obvious, if not OMG what a terrible oversight by Bjango.

Thanks.

2. PsyOpWarlord macrumors 6502

PsyOpWarlord

You're doing this from within iStats Menus right, and not from the menubar:
    Applications > iStats Menus

Then in each section on the left you can click what you want, like Time. You will see the text size box. For some thing like Battery for instance, you click the letters for the letters in the active/inactive items and it will do a dropdown that will allow you to change the text size.

The icon sizes and labels are fixed sizes.

3. steve23094 thread starter macrumors 68000

steve23094

Thanks for your reply. It was the labels I had a problem with, they're a font that has time warped out of the 1980s. I'm running without labels now. No idea why a supposedly well rounded app like iStat Menus doesn't have such an obvious and basic feature to fix something so ugly.

Also having different fonts for (e.g.) Sensors and Network without any way to alter them makes zero sense.