How do I change the dock on my intel iMac 10.4.11 to look like the one on Leopard???

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mdee4, Jun 15, 2009.

1. mdee4 macrumors regular

2. wackymacky macrumors 65832

wackymacky

Gee, when leopard came out everyone was asking: how do I make this horrible new Leopard Dock look like my old one.

3. mdee4 thread starter macrumors regular

Yea but I wanna try the new one out and see how it looks

4. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

really? I thought leopard had a better dock (from what I've seen). The background was a bit more transparent, and also somewhat flat, letting the icons float on their own above it.

The cleardock app looks alright, I'll have to give it a shot, but if I do I'll have trouble seeing which apps are active because the black arrow would be over a black background. .

5. MP23 macrumors newbie

Try using Dock Library, that's what I use to change mine. You can then download themes for your dock from LeopardDocks.net. There's probably a Leopard Theme on there but they have hundereds of other ones that are cool too.

EDIT: It says it's for Leopard but I've never tried it on Tiger. See if it works for you.

6. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

I'm definitely one of those people. However, while I hate the default Dock, I prefer Leopard's flattened Dock to Tiger's.

Attached Files:

7. mdee4 thread starter macrumors regular

Nope. It doesn't work for me.

8. gibbz macrumors 68030