How do I clean the dust on the sides of my home button iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 718, Nov 10, 2012.

1. 718 macrumors newbie

So on my white 4 and 4s it was easy to get the dirt and dust out of the sides of the home button but on my i5 its too tight it seems now. Before i can squeeze a thin receipt type paper and get it out, now my i5 looks dirty and grimey. Was wondering if anyone else is too tight or found a way to clean it, let me know please thanks!

2. numberforty1 macrumors 6502

numberforty1

q-tip?

3. Mrbobb macrumors 601

A household vacuum with the proper attachment, but I still say this OCD is gonna do harm eventually.

4. jroz macrumors newbie

jroz

5. 718 thread starter macrumors newbie

How does this work? And also the paint brush there is like no space for anythig to fit, is anyone else having same problem? And not really ocd i dont use a case and got few minor scratches just dont want the home button gettin mushy with lot of dirt in there...

6. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Mine seems fine . My hasn't collected any dust at all ...

7. numberforty1 macrumors 6502

numberforty1

press the home button down with the q-tip and swirl it around while its still down. how dirty can a home button get???

i clean my magic mouse, keyboard all with a few q-tips dipped in rubbing alcohol. i wouldn't recommend alcohol for the home button though...unless maybe you squeeze off the excess alcohol with your finger tips before cleaning around the button. it's nice cause it dries fast (the alcohol).

8. 718 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah for some reason mine is like all black around it and very visible, ill try the qtip later when i get home thanks anyone else got a succesful way? Like i said on the 4 and 4s it was very easy the 5 is hard

9. numberforty1 macrumors 6502

numberforty1

lol. no problem. let me know if it works for ya.

10. KandyKane macrumors 6502

Mine hasn't been dusty, but I've when I took a home button sticker off, it left some residue on the edge and I was able to use a toothpick while pressing the home button down (Siri kept being stupid though)

11. hollowplayer macrumors regular

12. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife