Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wally Nnamani

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2020
I updated my ios to ios 13.3 and my phone camera and flashlight stopped working, how do i go back to 12?

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
With Apple sometimes software causes permanent hardware failure. So although the software might have caused it, reverting may or may not fix it. And by the way, you can’t revert anyway.

Lekro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2019
With Apple sometimes software causes permanent hardware failure. So although the software might have caused it, reverting may or may not fix it. And by the way, you can’t revert anyway.
Source?

Lekro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2019
I’m asking how is that possible to break a component inside the phone via updating.

I’ve never ever changed a component (be it a camera, flash or even an IC on the motherboard) because an iOS update broke it.

About the video:

Imagine you can't boot Windows after updating. You take out the graphics card, boot to Windows successfully erase the driver and place the card back in.

It was a software bug that never actually broke anything (hence why she was able to put the speaker amp back in with no problems).

Last edited:

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Watch the video before replying. If iOS 13 update bricks your phone, according to Apple it's the user's fault, your pictures/data on the phone aren't recoverable and you have to buy a new phone. It's only because of the smart independent repair community that they've come up with an easier way to recover.

Lekro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2019
Read my post before replying
[automerge]1580287431[/automerge]
By the way this issue is not even related to what I asked source for but you can have your win of the day over the internet.

She even states clearly it is software incompatibility and not a hardware problem and can be fixed with a restore.?‍♂️

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.