Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hasanahmad

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 20, 2009
I can only access pictures when I connect my iphone and it shows up as a picture folder. I added some pictures on my iphone from another PC to which I dont have access anymore and they are stored under an album. I cant seem to extract photos out of my iphone as itunes says it will delete photos from my phone which are not on my PC.

ObuckiO

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
I can only access pictures when I connect my iphone and it shows up as a picture folder. I added some pictures on my iphone from another PC to which I dont have access anymore and they are stored under an album. I cant seem to extract photos out of my iphone as itunes says it will delete photos from my phone which are not on my PC.

Take a look at this link HERE and see if this will help. The second part is for PC users.
Are they in your iphone: Camera Roll or Photo Library? Anyway, I think they link will get you going...i hope.:)
I don't get why you need help??? It seems by how your post is wrote (to me), that you plug in phone and instead of itunes, you get a little folder on desktop of PC (usually top right). Is that right? Then they're on your computer then. Now, why can't you delete photos on iphone, (as you say itunes says?) Sorry if i got it wrong..unless, the folder/album on PC has no pictures in it?/?

Last edited:

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Take a look at this link HERE and see if this will help. The second part is for PC users.
Are they in your iphone: Camera Roll or Photo Library? Anyway, I think they link will get you going...i hope.:)
I don't get why you need help??? It seems by how your post is wrote (to me), that you plug in phone and instead of itunes, you get a little folder on desktop of PC (usually top right). Is that right? Then they're on your computer then. Now, why can't you delete photos on iphone, (as you say itunes says?) Sorry if i got it wrong..unless, the folder/album on PC has no pictures in it?/?

It doesn't work that way if the pics are ones you've only got in albums, the computer only detects and imports what's in the actual camera roll.

ObuckiO

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
It doesn't work that way if the pics are ones you've only got in albums, the computer only detects and imports what's in the actual camera roll.

Yeah i know that. That is why i asked about Roll or library. I don't get where the folder is popping up (on desktop)?? can only access when connect/and/not on my PC. i'll admit, i might be confused with it, but i know about your reply.
There was a person asked about this on getting pics off iphones library to Mac and it was difficult/unable to. ///

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Yeah i know that. That is why i asked about Roll or library. I don't get where the folder is popping up (on desktop)?? can only access when connect/and/not on my PC. i'll admit, i might be confused with it, but i know about your reply.
There was a person asked about this on getting pics off iphones library to Mac and it was difficult/unable to. ///

The OP said they're in an album and not in their computer.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
You can email the pics from your phone, download to computer and save in a new file for phone syncing. I've done it.

ObuckiO

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
The OP said they're in an album and not in their computer.

Read his/her first sentence...When connected they can access.
It comes up a folder...Where?
I understand you can email them and all that, But this OP never said anything about a "Library" at all. Reread it if you want. It is a pain to do it from Library folders, but it could be different with PC programs.
And as far as i heard you can extract folders/Libraries/streams thru Dropbox.

OK...Let's calm down..I think i am wrong on getting the post in some part.
you can also screenshot your pics (that don't extract)>save> to camera roll. (maybe if someone has to)

Last edited:

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Read his/her first sentence...When connected they can access.
It comes up a folder...Where?
I understand you can email them and all that, But this OP never said anything about a "Library" at all. Reread it if you want. It is a pain to do it from Library folders, but it could be different with PC programs.
And as far as i heard you can extract folders/Libraries/streams thru Dropbox.

OK...Let's calm down..I think i am wrong on getting the post in some part.
you can also screenshot your pics (that don't extract)>save> to camera roll. (maybe if someone has to)

Bah! I'm now joining you in the confusion. If they show up like that, they can be imported easily.

iSwag

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2012
Toronto
if you have wifi you could email them to your self . If you don't there's a application i know that could transfer files and other stuff to your computer, i cant remember the app name or if you have to have jailbroken iphone or not, i'll check it out when my iphone's screen fixed (will take about another day :( )
...when it come i'll pm you :D

durant0s

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Did anyone ever answer his question through PM? I'm having this exact same problem. My pictures are stuck in an album on my iPhone from before I formatted my iMac. Now I can extract them. It's over a 1000 pictures so I really could use something other then the email method. Thanks for any help.

braven

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2012
I'm on iPhone 4S, ios 5.0.1, windows 8 and here's how I do it:

1. Download iDevice Manager from here: http://idevice-manager.en.softonic.com/
2. Install and open Device Storage tab
3. Click on File Explorer tab
4. Browse through User>Media>Photo Data>Sync>100SYNCD
5. Voillaa!!! There's all your old iPhone photos reside....just block them all, right click and click download
6. Put anywhere in your PC
7. Done!!!

Hope this help :cool:

Last edited:

johannar

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
I'm on iPhone 4S, ios 5.0.1, windows 8 and here's how I do it:

1. Download iDevice Manager from here: http://idevice-manager.en.softonic.com/
2. Install and open Device Storage tab
3. Click on File Explorer tab
4. Browse through User>Media>Photo Data>Sync>100SYNCD
5. Voillaa!!! There's all your old iPhone photos reside....just block them all, right click and click download
6. Put anywhere in your PC
7. Done!!!

Hope this help :cool:

No needed, mail it to yourself and simply download

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.