How do I get my Verizon Blackberry Contacts over to my...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by APPLEFAN8, Jul 19, 2010.

1. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

Iphone 4? I just did a back up today an was wondering how I can transfer them over to my Iphone 4? Thanks

2. livingonvideo13 macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

Set up your Blackberry to sync with contacts on gmail.

http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/

Then set up iPhone to sync with contacts on gmail and it will bring them over.

I sync everything (mail, contacts, calendar) with google so I never have to use iTunes to sync data. Works great.

3. Es Paul macrumors member

4. Es Paul macrumors member

Hey OP,

I also made the switch from a Verizon Blacberry. How do you feel about it so far?

Don't mean to derail the thread..

5. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

If you go to the Apple store they can do it for you, that's how I transferred my contacts, not from a blackberry though.

6. timerollson macrumors 65816

Can't you just use Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac to transfer your contacts to Apple's address book? :confused:

I have all of my contacts in there via that method and when I plug in my iPhone 4 later today, that should work right?

7. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I forgot about my blackberry, I still have my blackberry in service and will bring both phones to Texas on Thursday but this phone is amazing, its so easy to text people.

Edit: Also it synced automatically when it said allow gmail to access something so I did that. Everything is perfect now! Now time to load music and movies.

8. Es Paul macrumors member

I was in love with my blackberry. It was a very good phone and it was great to me. I had a few minor problems with it, but, otherwise a great phone.

I've been "eyeing" a new phone since April. One of my brothers has an iPhone 3GS and the other has a new Incredible. The 3GS was awesome i thought, but the poor kid dropped and broke the glass on the day of ios4 release. It's actually a shame.
    The Incredible is, well, incredible. Super fast network and nice looking. But I've been yearning for an iPhone for a long time now. I can honestly say that I won't look back. I'm very happy with my new phone

9. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I liked my BB but only for BBM I got the iphone 4 because the blackberry had no fun factor, barely any apps and plus the prices were outrageous for some; that would be free on the iphone. I am loving this phone though!

10. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

Blackberry desktop is the simplest way to do it IMO... It makes me wonder how come people think of using iTunes to sync their iDivices but not BB desktop to sync their BBs... :confused:

11. Es Paul macrumors member

Agree. BBM was great until some people started updating their status like it was facebook. I would get alerts every 5 mins that were totally useless.

But it was nice to have fast an easy texting with BBM. To be honest, the keypad was the hardest thing to get used to with the new phone. I'm almost there

12. timerollson macrumors 65816

I'm picking up an iPhone 4 today after being on the waiting list for 2+ weeks. I have a BB Tour and I was tired of it way before an OS4 announcement was even had.

After you realize that BBM and e-mail are the only saving graces of a BB, you start to wonder why you even pay the premium to own one. I don't even have any apps on my BB because it runs THAT slow. I'm up to 2+ battery pulls a day. I've deleted all the unnecessary languages and this thing runs like molasses. I'm tired of it.

I mean... what is RIM going to do when the Androids and iOS platforms of the world do e-mail better?

P.S. BBM is annoying. I was tired of people getting upset because I read their messages and didn't respond. The whole message tracking aspect was frustrating for me. I deleted BBM after a couple of months. Even Facebook is slow as hell.

13. Es Paul macrumors member

You made very valid points and I agree with all of them.

My phone never had the battery issue. It was a Bold and not a Tour, though.
    My buddy has the Tour and has the same problem. His phone is constantly on the charger.

You're going to love your new acquisition.

14. timerollson macrumors 65816

Yeah, it seems the Bold 9700 is the best build to date even with the 9650 on Verizon. Every one of my friends who have the 9700 don't have the issues I have with the battery pull, battery life and slowness of the OS.

I just can't wait around while RIM makes incremental changes and puts out 398274 Curves that are marginally different than the last.