How Do I Get My Wallpaper to Show on the Homescreen with the Glass Orb Theme?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by injendsm, Mar 15, 2012.

1. injendsm macrumors member

The usual method in Winterboard of selecting "user wallpaper" and placing it above "G.O.C. HD" in priority isn't working. It does for "user lockscreen" but it forces me to use the wallpaper that comes stock with the theme. To make matters weirder, when I open a folder, the wallpaper I want on my homescreen is visible outside of the folder.

How do I get my wallpaper to show instead of the stock wallpaper? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

For reference, here's a picture of the wallpaper I'm forced to use with the theme and a picture of the only time the wallpaper I actually want is visible:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Maverik3 macrumors 6502

I did something like this with my ipad2 last night, I did it for a dream board theme though but it may still work for what you are wanting. All I did was find the photo in ifile copy it and I went to /var/mobile/library/dreamboard, then I was able to just click on the theme i was using, find out where they stored the wallpaper images and copied it into there, then renamed it to match the others

3. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Use IFile.

Go to Var/Mobile/media/DCIM/100APPLE

that's your wallpaper/photos folder select which you want by tapping edit (top right) then select the wallpaper by tapping on it. Click the clipboard icon (bottom right) and copy it.

Next go to Var/Stash/Themes then to into the theme. You will see a file called background.PNG or background.JPG. Delete that and trash it. Next click the clipboard icon and paste. It will paste your previously selected wallpaper from the DCIM/100APPLE folder. Whatever the name of the stock picture was yours has to be named that exactly.

Just tap on the blue arrow next to your wallpaper then rename the file by tapping on the name at the top and rename it how the stock wallpaper was names exactly.

Close IFile and respring.

4. Maverik3 macrumors 6502

You said it much better haha

5. Synergie macrumors 6502a

Even easier... just go to the theme directory and delete the background.png (or background.jpg) file altogether. Then it won't even load a wallpaper with the theme and it will use your default theme as per normal. Makes it easier when you want to change wallpapers later on.

6. ahhboi macrumors regular

Or download JPEGifier from cydia.
    Follow the instruction there, and after that, u can change the wallpaper for your theme anytime u want easily. :)

7. injendsm thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help, everyone. Time to see if I can get it to work.

8. injendsm thread starter macrumors member

Ok, I tried the JPEGifier route first since it seemed easiest but nothing changed. Your route seems like it could be easy as well but I'm not sure where the theme directory you're talking about is located. I'm guessing it would be done via iFile but I've never used that program.

9. Synergie macrumors 6502a

In iFile or iPhone Explorer go to var/stash/themes/name of theme/

Look for wallpaper.jpg and delete it. It might be in a subdirectory of the theme...

That should work... if it messes anything in the theme up, just re-download the theme. But you shouldn't have any issues.

10. injendsm thread starter macrumors member

There wasn't a wallpaper.jpg but there was a wallpaper.png. I deleted that but the wallpaper is still there; even after re-springing the phone. I noticed a few other wallpaper.png's (with a color before wallpaper and/or numbers between it and the .png) so would I need to delete all of those?

11. Synergie macrumors 6502a

View them first (within iFile) before you delete, to see which one is the culprit.

12. injendsm thread starter macrumors member

The one I deleted was the wallpaper that the theme is forcing me to use. There are a few other .png's with the same picture. Does that mean I need to delete all of them? Thanks for the help, btw.

13. injendsm thread starter macrumors member

I went through and deleted every wallpaper.png (not just the one that only said that) and it worked. I am now able to use the wallpaper I want. Thanks for the help.

14. Synergie macrumors 6502a

You're welcome... though I don't think that is an official fix... but I figured that out by accident myself. I'd rather just be able to chose my wallpapers normally from my camera roll or photo albums, without having to edit a theme file to do so. So now, I usually delete all wallpapers within themes (after I save the image of course so I can still use it with that theme if I want to)