How do I get photos on and off my iPhone 4 with OS X?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ksgant, Oct 26, 2010.

1. ksgant macrumors 6502a

ksgant

Okay, I give up. I've searched around and from what I can gather, there's no quick and easy way to transfer your photos off of the iPhone 4 onto a Mac.

What I've found was that if I was running Vista or Windows 7, I'd just plug the iPhone into a USB port and it will show up as a drive...then I could just copy the photos right off into a folder on my computer. I thought "wow, if it's that easy on a Windows machine, must be even easier on a Mac". But I can't find anywhere that will allow that.

iTunes is no help either, it seems it just wants to put photos ON my iPhone. I want to take the images off...quickly and all at once. I've seen work-arounds like using Dropbox or Mobile-Me, but why do I have to go out to the internet then back to my computer when the damn thing is plugged in right there? Doesn't make any sense. Plus it would take forever to sync to Dropbox with all the photos I take.

Please tell me there's something easy like Windows users get where I just plug the phone in and copy the images off. Why do I need a 3rd party internet-sync program or even any program to do this?

2. McBeats macrumors 6502a

3. xmnj macrumors member

Why not just use iPhoto. Depending on your settings, you can have iPhoto launch automatically when the iPhone is plugged in, and you select what photo's you want to move over.

4. pound4pound30 macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

When you plug in your iPhone iPhoto should automatically pop up. When it does click import selected or import all in the bottom right corner.

That easy

5. SnowDX macrumors 6502

iPhoto or Aperture can be set to open automatically when your phone is plugged in, or just ooen either program manually and click import.

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Did you really look around? Image Capture or iPhoto will do this easily.