how do I get Tmobile service on iPhone 5 paid in full?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ansabakhan, Apr 19, 2013.

1. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

I bought Tmobile iphone 5 on apple.com, for full price... got the phone today...came with Tmobile sim card..but no activation card (My impression was I need tMobile activation code to activate).

Called T-mobile, customer service telling me they need to pull my credit in order to sign me up for a service which will give me 4.5 GB data with hotspot (i need 2GB + hotspot a month) else non of the prepaid plan would give me hotspot over 500 MB, plus they need to mail me out a new sim card...

Is that right? in order to get service from Tmobile I need a new sim, cant use the one which came from Apple ? isnt there a prepaid plan with over 500MB hotspot?

iTunes in not getting to the ACTIVATE YOUR DEVICE page as it does for AT&T phone... Help!!!

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

That is right. iTunes will not activate a T-Mobile iPhone. You need to activate it and do the credit check. If you have a nano sim already activated you can use that sim instead.

3. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

and then swtich plans ????

I need a plan with 2 GB or more hotspot.... tmobile customer service told me ..only way it to get a credit check and signup for a 4.5gb data plan which includes 4.5gb of hotspot as well...

4. CEmajr macrumors 601

You can do the credit check and sign up for 2.5gb of data which also can be used for hotspot purposes. It's $60 since you've already paid for your phone. You don't need a new sim since your phone already came with one. When you activate just give them that SIM card number.

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

You can change to any plan after getting the phone activated but as you already know, the only way to activate it now with that sim is to call T-Mobile and activate it.

I ordered a Nexus 4 on T-mobile back in February that came with just the sim. I called and activated it and got on the $70 unlimited. Cancelled the plan after paying the first months bill and then ported the # over to a prepaid.

Be aware though that the $70 prepaid plan include no tethering and you can not add it on because the plan is unlimited.

6. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

thanks ! i had a prepaid dumb tmobile phone i just cut my sim and put it in iphone 5.. its working and I am trying to change a plan on it now..

my question is $60 unlimited every thing includes hotspot (for 1st 2.5 GB)?

7. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

I have the $60/mo. plan and from what I understand, it includes the tethering allotment equivalent to the amount of data allotment=2.5GB.

8. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

yes thats right thanks ! .... for some reason t mobile rep on phone wanted to run my credit for a $60 unlimited plan .. i did it online without doing the credit thing..