Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
A developer should know :rolleyes:
One way (wich I belive it works) is put the phone in DFU Mode then select in iTunes iOS 6.1.4.

CBillups1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
Michigan
ok well i got it back to iOS6 buttttt i had to restore to a back up from a few weeks ago.

it did NOT show the back up i made last night...? WTF!

anyone know how i can find it and restore back to that one? i had a lot of pics and texts from them so i need them.

any help is appreciated!

Chris092881

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2012
Exactly why I didn't install iOS 7 beta on my 5. Stuff like this. I can wait til September, if at all.

CBillups1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
Michigan
Exactly why I didn't install iOS 7 beta on my 5. Stuff like this. I can wait til September.

yup, kinda mad even though i backed up twice last night but im gonna blame it on apple because why wouldnt it be saved on my computer if i backed up? SMH

hope someone can help!

Chris092881

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2012
yup, kinda mad even though i backed up twice last night but im gonna blame it on apple because why wouldnt it be saved on my computer if i backed up? SMH

hope someone can help!

I agree. But it's a beta version. You really can't be TOO mad at Apple. But I hear you.

CBillups1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
Michigan
I agree. But it's a beta version. You really can't be TOO mad at Apple. But I hear you.

the software had nothing to do it with. im saying the back up was saved last night.. twice. i did it just to make sure.

im sure its somwhere on my computer but im not a itunes wiz so im sures someone knows of a easy way with a program to load it because ive found it before while doing something else.

nStyle

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
You don't have to go full DFU mode. Recovery is sufficient.

1. Turn phone off
2. Hold home button
3. Plug phone up while holding home button until cable + iTunes logo appears

After you restore, you can choose your backup. No need to find it beforehand.

MassiveAttack

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2010
New York
Download the latest iOS6
put your device in DFU mode
Restore

I just went back to iOS 6 from 7 without any problems.

BTW I wasn't feeling iOS 7. You appreciate how polished iOS 6 is when you upgrade to iOS7.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
the software had nothing to do it with. im saying the back up was saved last night.. twice. i did it just to make sure.

im sure its somwhere on my computer but im not a itunes wiz so im sures someone knows of a easy way with a program to load it because ive found it before while doing something else.

If you are "downgrading" from iOS 7, then any backups you made under iOS 7 will not work on earlier version. So it's a lost cause anyway.

The only person you have to blame is yourself, for using beta software on a device that you depend on for actual work/personal info.

Beta means testing.

----------

BTW I wasn't feeling iOS 7. You appreciate how polished iOS 6 is when you upgrade to iOS7.

This isn't the final version, and the whole idea is that it's not polished yet. If it were, it would be available for public download already.

It'll probably look/feel better in the Fall.

CBillups1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
Michigan
guys, im already back on iOS6 so thats not the issue. i just want the latest back up which is from early June 12th but it did NOT show up in itunes. the only one which was newest was May 22nd..

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
guys, im already back on iOS6 so thats not the issue. i just want the latest back up which is from early June 12th but it did NOT show up in itunes. the only one which was newest was May 22nd..

As others have said, backups made while iOS 7 is on your phone will not work under iOS 6. You cannot restore such a backup to your phone unless you upgrade to iOS 7 again.

als522877

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2008

If the backup from June 12th was made with iOS 7 installed you wont be able to restore. You can't restore a backup made with a newer iOS version onto an older one.

CBillups1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
Michigan
As others have said, backups made while iOS 7 is on your phone will not work under iOS 6. You cannot restore such a backup to your phone unless you upgrade to iOS 7 again.

i made the back up PRIOR to installing iOS7 buttt i think its saving it as the main back up which changes everything so maybe it over righted it with iOS7 because now ive made backups and its saving them..

any way i can search my computer somewhere for it?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
i made the back up PRIOR to installing iOS7 buttt i think its saving it as the main back up which changes everything so maybe it over righted it with iOS7 because now ive made backups and its saving them..

any way i can search my computer somewhere for it?

When you make a backup using iTunes, you should save the backup folder because when you make a new backup, it overwrites the previous backup (I don't know under what conditions does iTunes decide to keep multiple backups and not overwrite previous ones)

Davejprince

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2012
The Netherlands
Turn your iPhone off, connect it to iTunes with the cable.
Put it in DFU mode ( google how ), than Shift+Restore and select the elder ISPW ( 6.1.4 for the 5 ) and restore the backup and you're fine.

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
I believed the reports from Apple last year about not being able to downgrade, which caused some later heartache. So, even though they said the same thing this year, I went ahead feeling that you COULD downgrade if necessary.

I'll just see how the battery life holds up on a day when I'm away from a charger.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
watching the expected flood of new threads here about non-developers getting ahold of IOS 7 betas, installing it then whining back and forth about how bad it is, how can I revert to prior release, etc.

It is a BETA people; if you are not a developer AND have another device to use, don't even bother with the beta. jeez.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ

Was the backup made on iOS 7 or 6. I specific made a backup in iTunes and on icloud before I went to iOS 7. When I was done testing it out, I switched back to iOS 6. When I went to restore via icloud, it showed my one backup it made over iOS 7 and clearly stated it could only restore it to an iOS 7 device. But since I had my older backup from a day or so prior on iOS 6 I was all set. If you made the backup while on 7, you are not gonna get it back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.