How do I have LTE in my small back water town?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by krashx7, Sep 24, 2012.

1. krashx7 macrumors regular

Shawnee Oklahoma here... just bought the phone and fired it up on AT&T and what do you know it says I have LTE. The only city in my state that has it is a good 30 miles from here. How is this possible? The speeds arent all that incredible either. about 13mbs down or so..

2. Juicy111 macrumors member

Why complain then? Nearest place to me thats getting LTE is 2 1/2 hours away and the rep at my store said it will reach us and I lol'd

3. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

not bad...im in OKC and getting between 15-25 download on AT&T

thats nice to know you get it in shawnee

4. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

It's not always about big cities. Think about it, if there are only 2 towers in a very small town, how hard is it for AT&T to upgrade and get it switched on? It's more about logistics and available man-power.

More importantly, enjoy your LTE! I live in Dayton, OH, and we are still waiting for LTE. Cincinnati is getting it soon, though, so we are probably not far behind. Besides, my "4G" is REALLY fast right now. It seems about as quick as my home wifi.

5. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Only 13Mb/s down? That's over twice the speed of my home DSL. I get between 10 and 25Mb/s down on Verizon's LTE in an area that's got good LTE coverage, and I think that's great for a mobile phone.

6. UnbornApple macrumors regular

UnbornApple

Consider yourself lucky. I live in downtown Minneapolis and I don't get LTE.

7. Juicy111 macrumors member

And thats were the rep said id get my LTE from lol, relax minneapolis is a "lte coming soon" city.

8. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I have Verizon LTE on my iPad 3. I live in a suburb of Los Angeles with about 100,000 people. We don't have Verizon LTE yet.

However, when I was visiting family in rural Iowa last week (town about 5,000 people) they had Verizon LTE with 40mb download.

I was pissed! lol :cool:

9. spades1412 macrumors 6502

I was told by the rep at AT&T that LTE had just gone live in Minneapolis a day or two before the launch. I was pretty excited to hear this. I've caught a few blips of LTE here and there with horrible speeds. Horrible meaning under 1mbps. I guess he was wrong and its still "coming soon"

I'll wait to complain until after the AT&T coverage maps shows us as being an LTE city and not "coming soon".

10. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Op your lucky my phone hardly ever says LTE mostly 4g

11. krashx7 thread starter macrumors regular