how do i import videos from my camcorder to imovie

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by danksta420, Aug 28, 2008.

1. danksta420 macrumors newbie

so i just bought this mac yesterday cuz i figured it would be a whole lot easier editing my skate videos, but as it turns out i was wrong, i cant import the videos, i bought this thing called dazzled to run from my camera to my mac but that didnt work so what should i do, my camcorder uses the mini tapes i will leave the model number of the camera so you guys can help me better, please i really didnt want to waste 2 grand not to be able to edit

camera model # - Panasonic PV-L352D
    my mac is 2 days old and its a macbook

thanks guys
    -danksta420:D

2. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

http://www.apple.com/ilife/tutorials/#imovie-oneplace-15<--- WATCH THIS VIDEO!

you just need a Mini firewire ---> big fire wire cable to connect it to your mac.

EDIT your camcorder may be supported... Does it have a plug like the one I put in the picture on it?[​IMG]

maybe you can talk to an apple genius about this..exchange...find new software..or...find plugins or something.

3. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Are you using the DV port or firewire port?

EDIT: Gah! Someone beat me.

Even though it's not on the supported list doesn't mean it won't work. Give what yoyo said to do, a shot...

4. chainprayer macrumors 6502a

5. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

Looks like your Panny camcorder is a VHS-C unit. This means you'll need a digital-to-analog bridge to connect your Panny to the Mac. What is the exact model number of the Dazzle? I remember a unit made by Pinnacle a few years ago called the Dazzle Hollywood Bridge or something like that.

If the Dazzle doesn't work, you might want to try the Canopus AVDC 110 (or the cheaper AVDC 55). As long as your Panny has composite or s-video outputs, the Canopus is pretty much guarenteed to work. Make sure you get yourself a Firewire cable if it doesn't come with the Canopus.

ft

6. doumbek macrumors member