How do I install iLife '08 from my iMac OSX install disks onto another mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by belsokar, Sep 10, 2007.

1. belsokar macrumors member

I just purchased a new iMac, and it came with iLife '08. I also have a MBP that I would like to install this software to. Supposedly, the iLife '08 software is part of the OSX install disks. When I put those disks into my MBP, it won't let me do anything citing that it is not a compatible computer.

Is there a way for me to install this software to my MBP? I don't really use it much on my MBP, but would like to have the same version for the occasional time I do use it without buying another copy of it.

2. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

You can't use an iMac install disc to install onto another Mac, however you can use Pacifist to do it for you.

3. KershMan macrumors 6502

You can't do this legally, whether you use Pacifist or not. You should buy another copy.

4. kolax macrumors G3

Mixed views on whether it should be legal or not.

I personally think if you own more than computer, then you should morally be allowed to install a piece of software on all of them with one license.

5. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Now when the license specifically states it can be used on one computer. Some programs, i.e. Lightroom can be installed on 2 computers.