How do I know if my jailbreak was succesful on my now n on-activated iphone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jrm27, Jun 24, 2010.

1. jrm27 macrumors 6502

Hi all,

So first off, this forum is awesome. Thanks so much for all the great threads on how to JB and unlock a 3g with all the new resources. After I activated my iphone 4 last night I figured I woudl JB and unlock my old 3g. My plan is to take it overseas with me and pop a pre-paid sim in it from the country I am in. That way I can make calls and not be locked to ATT's huge international pricing.

So, I jailbroke with redsnow and then downloaded ultrasnow from the correct repository in Cydia. When I was running ultrasnow it gave me a notice that it couldnt activate the cellular network. This makes sense since the 3g I was using wasnt activated anymore (that had switched to my iphone 4). The process continuted after that fact and then the phone restarted.

So.. the question is, how do I know if the unlock was succesful? Will I need to run ultrasnow again?

Thanks all!

-jon

2. jrm27 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Imsuperjp macrumors 6502

do you know anyone with a tmobile that you can test their sim card in? I am assuming you are in the uSA

4. jrm27 thread starter macrumors 6502

unfortuntely, no tmobile people around. We live up in the mountains and they dont do so well up here... so no t mobile phones to try out.

That being said, if I were to find one, what do I do? Just put the sim in my phone and see if it says "tmobile" in the spot where it normaly says "att"? Is it that simple?

5. Imsuperjp macrumors 6502

Yes