How do I make my dock transparent and the icons flush with the bottom of the screen?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bully worm, May 2, 2010.

1. bully worm macrumors regular

I want to use tab icons for my dock and would like the dock to be transparent as well as having the tab icons flush with the bottom of the screen.

Like this:

[​IMG]

Any apps/scripts/hacks to accomplish this?

Thanks for your help!

2. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

3. Gregg2 macrumors 603

So where did the screen shot come from? Just curious.

I've seen dozens of threads on help forums about Dock customization. They're all "Help Me!" threads because something has gone wrong. Granted, there may be zillions of others who customize their docks and never have a problem, and they do not post on help forums to share their success. But, it always seems to me that it's more trouble than it's worth.

As the above post implies, embrace the difference between Windows and the Mac OS. Why cause yourself any stress over this, if you end up having problems? Not what you wanted to hear, I know, but I can't help with a magic solution that does what you think you need.

4. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

It's amazing how many people don't use Google anymore :rolleyes:

5. soms macrumors 6502

soms

You'll need to visit Macthemes and look around for a program called Mirage. That will change the dock to 2d as well as being clear. Then you'll need to pickup Candybar, and an icon pack like Gil Sans or Helvetica etc