Resolved How do I move the insertion point?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nermal, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Hi,

I'm getting stuck with something that should be simple. If I've entered text into a text box, how do I move the insertion point within that box? For example, today I typed "I am distracted by" and then held my finger on the box to paste a link. I tapped in the wrong place and ended up with "I am distracted <link> by". However, I couldn't figure out how to get the insertion point to the end of the box so that I could delete the "by".

The particular app that I was using (imo messenger) has an "attachment" icon at the end of the text box so tapping at the end of the box was just opening the "add attachment" options. How can I move the insertion point around in the box?

Coming from Android, I had a trackball that was great for this sort of thing; spinning the ball moved the cursor one character at a time. Unfortunately, none of the iPhone keyboard options seem to have arrows or any other text navigation. What am I missing?

2. maliu macrumors 6502a

Hold the screen until the magnifying glass pops up, then slide your finger to where you want to start typing and release.

3. kmpoboy2 macrumors 6502

kmpoboy2

Just hold your finger in the text box and a magnifier will appear. The you can move the blinking bar ( insertion point) where you what it to be.

4. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Aha! Thanks, I knew that it'd be something simple :)