How do I offload my 5s and get the 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 997.2, Sep 1, 2014.

1. 997.2 macrumors regular

I usually upgrade every other update (1, 3GS, 4S, 5s) but feel like I can afford to spend a little on an upgrade every year. Has anyone ever done this?

I'm on AT&T. Is there a market for my phone? It's a gold 32GB. I imagine it is still on contract for about another year, which makes it locked, right?

What do you guys think I could get on ebay for it? anywhere else to sell? tips?

What I think I will do is buy the 6, take the 5s offline and move everything to the 6, and sell the locked 5s. Is this plan flawed or will it work?

There has to be a way to do this right. Thanks y'all

2. mchart macrumors member

You should really stop buying phones on contract if you want to upgrade every year. Wait for Apple to release the factory unlocked version, and upgrade then.

3. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

Or better yet, just purchase the Verizon model full price since that's unlocked AND can be used on Verizon! Win win :)

4. cnotes2019 Suspended

Swappa.com depending on condition etc sell for maybe $400

5. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

6. jehartley macrumors member

7. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Not to hi-jack, but I'm looking to sell my 5S on eBay/Craigslist in anticipation for the 6, how much do you think it's appropriate to ask for a 16gb silver 5S (Verizon) in mint, brand new condition? Comes with Magpul case and Lifeproof case...

8. nfl46 macrumors 603

You won't get a good deal by posting on here...unless you low ball the price...try Swappa...but then again, they are about to get flooded with iPhone 5S. The longer you wait, the more competition you have. I just got a mint condition 32GB iPhone 5S for $345. Then again, the guy was DESPERATE to get rid of it because of a financial situation.

9. Rud3Bwoy Suspended

Rud3Bwoy

craigslist,just make sure meet at a safe location and check the bills,all my phones if always off loaded on there.