How do I save my photo's/vids?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mdisraeli, Apr 24, 2012.

1. mdisraeli macrumors newbie

I'm upgrading my iphone 4, and don't want to lose my classic pictures and videos I've accumulated over the past year and a half. I can't sync with my comp, b/c i don't have any more space...and my comp sucks. Do I have any other options? Short of buying a new computer too.

2. andyx3x macrumors 65816

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

What kind of space do you need? For one thing you could buy an external hard drive for around $100 or you could even use Drop Box (if the amount isn't too large).

4. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

You can back up the camera roll to iCloud. Won't work for video however.

----------

Just curious how you could get photos and videos over to an external HD from just the iPhone?

5. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

----------

[/COLOR]

Just curious how you could get photos and videos over to an external HD from just the iPhone?[/QUOTE]

By using Image Capture.

:apple:

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

^^^^^
    Image Capture won't get the synced stuff over, only the ones he actually took with the iPhone.

3rd party software allows you to get synced pics/videos off the iPhone (Expod, PhoneView, etc.). I think PhoneView would probably work, but I'll admit I never picked an external hard drive to copy things to.

7. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

8. serega macrumors regular

How about offload some big file from computer to external drive, then you can transfer video and pictures the way it suggested here?

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

10. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

11. Membly macrumors newbie

Try Membly?

Try using the Membly app. It's free and easy to use. Download the app, make one or more "lockets" (like an album) and put your videos and pictures in the lockets. You can also share the lockets with friends or family. Just search for "membly" in the app store. Your lockets will sync automatically. When you get your new iPhone, install Membly and let it sync and all your photos & videos will be pulled over.

(Just FYI there are some limits like videos can't be > 30 sec - you can edit them down etc.)

12. Raegor macrumors member

Not really the thread topic but I had recorded some huge vidoes on my phone. Needed some 3rd party program to pull them off onto the pc, forgot the name but it was the 4th different piece of software I tried until I got one to work.

13. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Depends on how much work you want to do... I upload all of my stuff to photobucket, but there are other similar options. PB is great for pics (not so much for video). I suppose you could try something like YouTube for videos too.